Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anybody using a Redneck Ram Hydro assist?

Old 12-24-2011, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody using a Redneck Ram Hydro assist?

I found out yesterday that I have to replace my steering gear and pump. Rather than installing OEM parts that will most likely got out again. I was thinking about going for the Redneck Ram stage III Hydro Assit kit (h t t p://westtexasoffroad.homestead.co...osteering.html) from West Texas Offroad. Is anybody using this kit? Does it swork well...is it reliable? I'm leaning towards this kit over PSC because of the cost. Let me know what you think.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

bump...anybody?
Old 12-24-2011, 07:26 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are a few, can't remember who though.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
There are a few, can't remember who though.
Thanks. anybody else out there?
Old 12-25-2011, 11:17 AM
JK Newbie

I have never ran it, however I know several who have without any issues.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:36 PM
JK Jedi

I do not run it but know a few guys in vegas that do with no issues. Iam actually going to buy it here in jan and put it on myself.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for the info guys....can anybody comment on how it handles on the street? My jeep isn't my daily driver, but I do drive it to the trails.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TmBtc12
thanks for the info guys....can anybody comment on how it handles on the street? My jeep isn't my daily driver, but I do drive it to the trails.
Street driving is the main reason my friends run it.
they do not want to compromise drivability by going full hydraulic so they use the hydraulic assist.
I have drivin their rigs on the street and it is as good as stock.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:17 PM
JK Super Freak

I think bubblegoose has this...pm him
Old 12-31-2011, 05:20 AM
JK Newbie

Default Redneck Ram

Originally Posted by TmBtc12
I found out yesterday that I have to replace my steering gear and pump. Rather than installing OEM parts that will most likely got out again. I was thinking about going for the Redneck Ram stage III Hydro Assit kit (h t t p://westtexasoffroad.homestead.co...osteering.html) from West Texas Offroad. Is anybody using this kit? Does it swork well...is it reliable? I'm leaning towards this kit over PSC because of the cost. Let me know what you think.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the Stage III kit is the same as the Stage ii kit components. they just supply the box and pump and not rebuild yours. I am not sure why you can't rebuild your steering box. Stage II includes rebuilding your steering box.

I have recently finished installing the Stage II kit. I had a PSC pump kit, but I removed it completely and returned it for a full refund. The system continuously overheated while rock crawling on 37". Now I have a stock reservoir, the cooling fin log, and Redneck RAM box rebuild, pump tweak, and RAM kit. The price for all this is incredible compared to PSC and the system works amazingly well. I noticed improvements in road driving as well. No more pothole pump steer, no more fighting steering against the crown of the road and death wobble. You can steer with one finger at idle. The RAM seems to make everything work less. The pump is working without any struggle at idle, the cooler does not get hot.

I highly recommend Redneck Ram. Just watch out for Billy. She is feisty, but she gets the job done. You will have to measure the stroke on your steering (mine measured at 6.5"). JK's range between 6-8" steering stroke. They will select the right stroke ram and/or limit the stroke for you.

Quick Reply: Anybody using a Redneck Ram Hydro assist?