Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anybody use a control arm relocation bracket up front ?

Old 05-28-2014, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody use a control arm relocation bracket up front ?

Hey guys , i have an 07 sahara jku with a 4 " RC lift , I like the way the lift rides as far as comfort but after the lift i noticed it was a little squarely at high speeds and bumps which means it most likely the font control arms.
This is a daily driver and never sees mud , rocks or trails. Im curious if the relocation bracket will be sufficient to help eliminate my problem .. Obviously adjustable control arms would be best especially for off roading but then again upper/lower front run $600
Old 05-28-2014, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chaznad
Hey guys , i have an 07 sahara jku with a 4 " RC lift , I like the way the lift rides as far as comfort but after the lift i noticed it was a little squarely at high speeds and bumps which means it most likely the font control arms.
This is a daily driver and never sees mud , rocks or trails. Im curious if the relocation bracket will be sufficient to help eliminate my problem .. Obviously adjustable control arms would be best especially for off roading but then again upper/lower front run $600
I think there are a good number of guys using them with good results. AEV and Rancho...
Old 05-28-2014, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I ran them with a 3.5" lift for about a year. Till I got my adjustable arms and they helped a lot. I like the adjustable arms better for clearance on trails but for your use, they will work great. Hope this helps.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:58 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Lots of people are running the CA drop brackets with no issues, fairly popular subject lately. Most claim they give a better ride than adjustables.

What was included in the lift for caster correction? Fixed arms? If it was Cams, have they slipped?

You don't need both sets of adjustable arms, a single set will let you set the caster/pinion. Add the second set if you want to move the axle.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AEV 2.5 lift and AEV control arm brackets . I was very careful installing the lift , and used the ProCal to center the steering wheel . It drove great , but I still wanted to have the alignment checked . Put it on the alignment rack at work . It was perfect , right on the factory specs .

Quick Reply: Anybody use a control arm relocation bracket up front ?