Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is anybody running a Synergy Jeep JK Front Track Bar & Sector Shaft Brace Kit ???

Old 08-05-2016, 09:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Heres mine with the brace only. Axle moved forward .5 running RK coils. EVO coils were the same diameter. Theres maybe 1/4 clearance and doesn't hit stuffed.
Ya it's actually the other part, the track bar brace, that tends to be the problem. As I'm switching to MC coils next week, I'm going to try to come up with a clever way to clearance it.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Larry that's a real nice set up you did, I wish you close to me. 👍👍
Old 08-05-2016, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys I really appreciate everybody's input. All your views really shed a lot of light on everything.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:28 AM
JK Junkie

Thank You!

I run 37's on Dynatrac's D44 up front and D60 in the back...

I haven't felt any steering issues yet and I do wheel it pretty hard

I come on here looking for information on mods to solve real problems and to see mods that are strongly recommended, but sometimes it's hard to tell how important a specific mod is beneficial...

Matthew

Originally Posted by mdash
I run the Metalcloak springs with the sector shaft brace and I did have a small amount of rubbing. My front axle is 3/4" forward and that is what caused it. I was able to take a die grinder and grind a small amount off the brace and now it clears without issue. I also run a ReadyLift track bar and it clears the brace. Granted, I only have the 2.5" springs so I'm not running high steer. That will make a difference on what track bar will clear the brace. Every thread I read in the tech section I find you bashing on people and talking down to them. What's your deal? How many times are you going to beat a dead horse? I get it, if you plan to run KOH or use the skinny pedal a lot then hydro assist, one ton axles, a trailer full of tools is all necessary, but I highly doubt the original poster is going to do that with his $50K rig. If he is, then shame on me. The JK isn't as paper thin as this forum makes them out to be (well, the sheetmetal is). This Forum, in my mind is more for beginners, entry level builds, weekend warrior types. I'd say 2% of the people on here actually use their Jeeps to the point where you try to send them. This isn't Pirate man. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Hydro assist doesn't have it's place. It does, but that place, is not on every single Jeep. I'm going to break the internet here, I run 37's, I don't have hydro assist, I don't have 1 ton axles and it's been this way for 5 years. Let me guess, "it's a ticking time bomb," or "I'm going to be the one that breaks and ruins everyones day," lets see, what other BS can you spit at me? "See you at the mall." LOL! All I'm saying is share your knowledge, cause somewhere in there you do say some logical stuff, but don't be so damn condesending and realize not everyone is heading to KOH this year. I see your point. Be mindful that in this scenario you now have 4000#'s plus on your one tire, something will move. I've seen a lot of parts break because hydro assist gives you no 'feeling,' if the tires stuck hard enough, something is going to give. It may not be the sector shaft, now it's the knuckle, control arm mount, etc.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you felt the need to spend over $10k on axles, but can't consider $350ish on hydro....? Logical.

As for the guy asking me what my problem is:
I don't have one. You must mistaking me for someone else if you believe I've once suggested 1-tons. If you've read my posts like you say you have, you would know I run 37s on a 30-44. I also know that problems should/will arise in doing so. I'm fine with fixing my shit on the trail if need be, and have the ability to do so. Maybe sometimes I do come off condescending. It's hard to read someone's expressions through text, so if I offend anyone, I apologize.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
So you felt the need to spend over $10k on axles, but can't consider $350ish on hydro....? Logical. As for the guy asking me what my problem is: I don't have one. You must mistaking me for someone else if you believe I've once suggested 1-tons. If you've read my posts like you say you have, you would know I run 37s on a 30-44. I also know that problems should/will arise in doing so. I'm fine with fixing my shit on the trail if need be, and have the ability to do so. Maybe sometimes I do come off condescending. It's hard to read someone's expressions through text, so if I offend anyone, I apologize.
I'm reading everything I can about that upgrade, but I haven't had a situation where I felt like I was missing anything in my steering...

I'd love to try someone's JK and see what the difference is,

Matthew
Old 08-06-2016, 09:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
I'm reading everything I can about that upgrade, but I haven't had a situation where I felt like I was missing anything in my steering... I'd love to try someone's JK and see what the difference is, Matthew
Honestly if you have ever rock crawled you would know it's very difficult to turn when aired down even unlocked. When locked it's even worse. You say you wheel it pretty hard but you have never come across an obstacle where you find it difficult to turn those aired down 37s? What type of wheeling do you do?
Old 08-06-2016, 10:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Monte417
Honestly if you have ever rock crawled you would know it's very difficult to turn when aired down even unlocked. When locked it's even worse. You say you wheel it pretty hard but you have never come across an obstacle where you find it difficult to turn those aired down 37s? What type of wheeling do you do?
Agreed. Even on pavement it can be a little tough turning 37s. When I used to get home from wheeling and not airing back up (around qpmit was a 6 point turn getting back in my garage
Old 08-06-2016, 11:18 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Monte417
I do mostly rock crawling, I guess I always just worked through turning the wheel hard when need be

Only real problem I've had tuning is when the front locker is on

So the steering is dramatically easier?

Matthew
Old 08-06-2016, 11:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
I do mostly rock crawling, I guess I always just worked through turning the wheel hard when need be Only real problem I've had tuning is when the front locker is on So the steering is dramatically easier? Matthew
Yes it's easier. Not only that but you're taking a shit ton of strain off your steering box. That is not an easy trail fix if you snap your sector shaft or sheer the whole box off the frame. The ram transfer the load other areas such as tie rod ends, balljoints etc....

Quick Reply: Is anybody running a Synergy Jeep JK Front Track Bar & Sector Shaft Brace Kit ???