Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is anybody running a Synergy Jeep JK Front Track Bar & Sector Shaft Brace Kit ???

Old 08-02-2016, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I'm going to just order the kit and try it out.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Crash n Burn
Do I really have to go with the synergy track bar if I use that kit or can I keep my MC adjustable track bar?
You already asked this above. Asking again and again will likely not change the resulting responses.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:51 AM
JK Freak

Do I really have to go with the synergy track bar if I use that kit or can I keep my MC adjustable track bar?
Metal cloak works with the synergy stuff. That being said, if you are running a MC lift, your bigger issue is going to be the coils rubbing the brace when compressed. They don't play nice. I've heard of people clearancing the brace to make it work. My AEV coils rub it a little, and I'm switching to MC coils in a week. I plan to ditch the brace altogether.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by PsychoCupcake
Metal cloak works with the synergy stuff. That being said, if you are running a MC lift, your bigger issue is going to be the coils rubbing the brace when compressed. They don't play nice. I've heard of people clearancing the brace to make it work. My AEV coils rub it a little, and I'm switching to MC coils in a week. I plan to ditch the brace altogether.
My Rock Krawler 3.5" springs just barely rub, not enough to bother me, but you can see the rub spot on the coil and the brace. If I pushed the front axle forward at all it would get bad pretty quick and need addressed.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:10 PM
JK Junkie

It not only depends on the coil diameter but if your axle is moved forward with CA's.
I run the brace but not the support. No room if i wanted to.

Depending on lift height has anybody tried running a stock Tb With SYNERGY's sector support? Just curious.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do I have to use the track bar from synergy, I have a brand new one from Metalcloak the came with the lift kit.
I run the sector shaft and track bar brace on my MC 2.5 dual rate lift with MC trackbar with no issues.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Default Synergy

I ran the sector shaft brace and trac bar bracket with my MC GC Lite 3.5. MC trac bar fit fine. Coils rubbed a bit. I ground down the bracket some and all was well.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I called Metal Cloak last night they told me they've had issues with it rubbing on the coils.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Could be. Some have issues, some don't. I do not, and a majority I have seen only had slight rubbing that was easily remedied.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this selector shaft brace and run a RK track bar no problem. Took it to MOAB for EJS and ran all week without issues. I have the 2 and a half inch RK lift and moved away from the RSP selector shaft brace because I hated taking it off to check the torque specs.

Quick Reply: Is anybody running a Synergy Jeep JK Front Track Bar & Sector Shaft Brace Kit ???