Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anybody running the old Hutchinson/Mopar JK beadlocks?

Old 12-13-2011, 09:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody running the old Hutchinson/Mopar JK beadlocks?

I found a set of the old Hutchinson/Mopar JK beadlocks (the ones that look like modified Rubicon rims) for sale and am thinking about picking them up. Anybody running these? Opinions? They look absolutely AWESOME to me (probably the best looking JK wheel, IMHO) and they are DOT approved so, seems like a good way to go! Looks like I'd definitely need to pick up a set of spacers as they seem to have a ridiculous amount of backspacing. (also, I would be putting 37's on them so, what thickness spacer would y'all recommend?) Any info, experience, and opinions on these would be greatly appreciated! Thanks y'all!!!

Old 12-13-2011, 09:57 PM
JK Freak

I've ran these wheel's on 285 Toyos for a year and since then I've bee running them on 37" Goodyears. So far they've worked great and I haven't had any problems. I did have to use 1.5 Spidertrax but other than that they have worked great

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2354.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	249747Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2375.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	249746Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2345.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	249745
Old 12-13-2011, 10:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

BStelling-
Thanks for posting!!! Great info! Your pics give me a nice preview of how they'll look on my Jeep too! (I have a black 4 door with a similar amount of lift) GREAT looking Jeep you've got there!!! Are the 1.5" spacers enough, or did you still have to adjust the steering stops to avoid rubbing on the control arms and frame? How have you balanced them, just regular sticky weights, or...? Thanks!!!

Old 12-13-2011, 10:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BLACKJKUR
BStelling-
Thanks for posting!!! Great info! Your pics give me a nice preview of how they'll look on my Jeep too! (I have a black 4 door with a similar amount of lift) GREAT looking Jeep you've got there!!! Are the 1.5" spacers enough, or did you still have to adjust the steering stops to avoid rubbing on the control arms and frame? How have you balanced them, just regular sticky weights, or...? Thanks!!!

No problem and glad I could help As for the spacers, I think they work great and haven't given me any problems. I think these wheels have 5.5" of backspacing which a 1.5" will bring it down enough that you shouldn't have to adjust your steering stops. I've never had to adjust mine. As far as balancing I just had the tire shop balance them like normal and haven't had any balance issues so far...smooth ride cruising at 80
Old 12-13-2011, 10:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

AWESOME!!! Thanks bro! You rock!

Now, I just have to convince the wife to let me get them!
Old 12-13-2011, 10:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BLACKJKUR
AWESOME!!! Thanks bro! You rock!

Now, I just have to convince the wife to let me get them!
No problem

and good luck with convincing the wife hahahahah
Old 12-13-2011, 10:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, I'm gonna need it!!!

Hopefully the facts that they are rare and look gorgeous will convince her!

Only unfortunate thing is, even if I convince her, it is only a set of four so, heck if I know what I'll do for a spare!
Old 12-13-2011, 11:10 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BStelling

No problem

and good luck with convincing the wife hahahahah
Key words there. Haha

I have seen bstellings rig in action. I love those wheels. They are unique. I saw the thread title and was gonna say contact him the. Realized he posted. They are sweet wheels that's for sure.

Some more pics I had of his wheels. There sweet!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2847269791.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	249749   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2904748977.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	249750   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2356751786.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	249751   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-614641065.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	249752  
Old 12-14-2011, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

sringer-
Thanks for posting! Y'all both have great looking Jeeps!!!

Yeah, the convincing of the wife is gonna be a BIG part of the equation, I brought up the subject today and I got the infamous "Fine, do what you want" (we all know what that really means! But, I think I may claim naivety and take her response at face value! ), we'll see how that goes!!!

The ones I found for sale have brand new 37" MTR Kevlars mounted to them so, that gets me the tires I want too!!! But, it's gonna be fun telling the wife that I need to buy wheel spacers and find a spare tire and wheel combo, and need to gusset and sleeve the front axle to handle the weight and... gonna be fun! LMAO!!!

Last edited by BLACKJKUR; 12-14-2011 at 06:42 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bad news-
after weighing the mods needed to run the Hutchinson/37's combo (spacers/re-gear/gusset/sleeve) vs the wife's willingness to allow me to spend money on the Jeep, this is not going to be a possibility. :tears drip:

If I were to go ahead and buy without approval from "she who must be obeyed"... < (saw that smiley and had to think of an excuse to use it! LOL!!!)

Really wishing I would have gone 37's from the get-go, (that way I could have done all the necessary mods to run them back before we got married (before she and i switched to sharing a checking account, LOL!!!)) looks like I am gonna be running 35's for a while!

Quick Reply: Anybody running the old Hutchinson/Mopar JK beadlocks?