Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anybody route air compressor lines/fittings to bumpers?

Old 08-20-2010, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody route air compressor lines/fittings to bumpers?

My compressor is mounted under the hood and I was thinking about routing air lines to front/rear bumpers for ease of use (no need to pop hood to air up). Anybody done this?

If so, how did you do it? Just looking for ideas.

Thanks
Old 08-20-2010, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I mounted my ARB compressor on the cross member between the frame just in front of the oil filter. I ran a hose from there to my bumper for easy connection.

Unfortunately my Ipad won't allow me to post a pictures. If u dare I can email or text you pictures.

I had it in the bumper before but I thought it was too exposed to possible trail debris.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. Mine is mounted using the northridge mount next to the brake booster. My only concern, that you just mentioned, was the possibility of trail debris. A rubber plug/cap should take care of that...

I plan on doing it. Just looking to see how others have done it. Maybe I'll do a write-up on it if it hasn't been done.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put an air connection in each door opening just above the door tether hook to keep them out of the muck.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChrisLe
My compressor is mounted under the hood and I was thinking about routing air lines to front/rear bumpers for ease of use (no need to pop hood to air up). Anybody done this?

If so, how did you do it? Just looking for ideas.

Thanks
can you take some pics of where you mounted your compressor? ive been lookin for something but im worried about water and what not gettin it?
Old 08-20-2010, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rynokid
can you take some pics of where you mounted your compressor? ive been lookin for something but im worried about water and what not gettin it?
Write-up I followed is here: http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

Quick Reply: Anybody route air compressor lines/fittings to bumpers?