Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anybody purchase tires from Tread Depot?

Old 03-19-2012, 05:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody purchase tires from Tread Depot?

I am looking to purchase Toyo Open Country MTs - 35x12.50-18 and found the lowest price at tread depot.com and was wondering if anyone else has purchased from them and what your experience was like.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tried to send you a PM, mailbox is full
Old 03-19-2012, 06:15 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
Tried to send you a PM, mailbox is full
Okay, I cleaned up my mailbox. Thanks!!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

Fox, he and I are looking at the same deal. I looked at all the reviews and seemed to be a good place. If you have other knowledge, could you pm me as well? Thanks
Old 03-19-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Jedi

I know DTD doesn't carry them but they indicated that the store can special order them. I am going to call my local Discount Tire tomorrow and see if they can match this deal. If so, I will purchase from them since I have had good dealings with them.

I will update you tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered my tires from them. Seemed to have shipped pretty quick if I remember correctly. No problems at all.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:35 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by jcraw3
I ordered my tires from them. Seemed to have shipped pretty quick if I remember correctly. No problems at all.
Thanks for the feedback. They definitely have the best price on the internet for these tires.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

I saw that website a few weeks ago. I think it's new and am wondering about customer service and what not.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:46 PM
JK Newbie

I have purchased tires from them in the past. I must say they have good customer service! They have been around for a few years now. I would call DTD and let them know that they had it cheaper and they should match there price.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

I had a horrible experience with them. I ordered new wheels and tires from them and it took a week longer to ship than they originally told me. They neglected to tell me the wheels and tires were at different warehouses and they needed to ship the wheels/tires to one location to get them mounted and balanced.
The shipping company they used gave me a five hour window which required me taking time off work, because they don't do residential deliveries early in the day. After sitting here waiting, they show up on hour six, an hour after the latest time they told me. I realize this isn't the fault of Tread Depot, but it added to my frustration.
When we unloaded the wheels and tires from the truck I notice they shipped the wrong bolt pattern, which is a huge issue, because I had scheduled to meet at a friend's house and have people help me install my lift the very next morning, then an alignment the next morning. I called Tread Depot to get this taken care of and they said they'd ship me the correct wheels, but they needed my credit card number, just in case I didn't return the incorrect wheels. Then they wanted me to wait another week for the wheels to get here, take more time out of my day to take them somewhere and have the wheels swapped and balanced (which would require two trips, because all five tires won't fit in my Jeep at once, meaning more wasted time and gas money), then box the old wheels up and ship them back, wasting even more of my time. Then after all that they would refund me for the incorrect wheels, mounting and balancing and shipping. I'd just have to waste another half day to get it all done and spending more of my own money to get it corrected.
I'll never do business with them again. As far as I'm concerned they're only good for getting local places to price match them.

Quick Reply: Anybody purchase tires from Tread Depot?