Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anybody have a full rear floor mat?

Old 01-26-2008, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody have a full rear floor mat?

I'm looking for a floor mat that is molded to fit the JK and covers the entire floor in the rear from front seats to tail gate. I've removed the rear seats and need somthing to protect as much of the carpet as possible when I load my gear back there. Anybody seen something like this? Any pictures?
Old 01-26-2008, 01:29 PM
JK Super Freak

In all the shopping around for a value, I hadn't seen anything that was a fair value. All of them were either cheap, thin crap or overpriced middlin' goods.

I saw something today at Rural King that would make one heck of a rear floor mat: A rubber horse mat. It was 1/2" or 3/4" thick (I don't remember for sure, but I think more likely 3/4".) and 4' x 6' in size. All for $35. It could be cut down exactly to match the rear area. The top was a pebbled surface and the bottom had grooves.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

one thing you could do to save money is to go to your favorite hardware supermarket, purchase an indoor/outdoor carpet remnant, cut it to fit your interior contours, then have them (hardware supermarket) put on the edge piping to finish it off.
Can be done for less than 50 bucks.
I saw it done in a friends suburban once.
Looks good.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

I recently just made one out of 3/4" horse trailer mat material. Other than the fact that it was a pain in the ass to cut and fit I am really happy with it and it will outlast the jeep for decades to come. All in all it cost me $40 which is alot cheaper than any rear mat I've seen for sale (plus it is much tougher). I will post pics tommorow.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Horse mat on sale at Rural King for $32.48 this week.

It's big enough, you could almost make two JK rear mats.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

the rubber flooring sold by mopar looks factory (i guess it basically is) and covers the floor like the carpet does...you will probably need to remove carpet though

do a search for it and someone has pics and stuff
Old 02-01-2008, 04:19 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mopar
Nifty (Catch-all)
Lloyds ($$$)

I dont know about the quality of any of them, i just have a piece of plywood i cut to fit. Just toss it in there when i need it.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mopar has the whole shabang, rubber rear and front mat set
Old 02-01-2008, 05:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Mopar
Nifty (Catch-all)
Lloyds ($$$)

I dont know about the quality of any of them, i just have a piece of plywood i cut to fit. Just toss it in there when i need it.
I know Nifty makes two different kinds (one with carpet one w/o). I have the Catch-all Xtreme 2 dr model. It is NOT a full cover. It only goes behind the seat. I had the TJ one and it covered the whole back. The pics you see on sites like Quadratec are the TJ model. This was a major disappointment for me.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

You could ask for the back section of carpeting that I am sure someone is probably just going to throw away after ripping theirs out to put LineX or some other coating in. I have the rubber floor matting from MOPAR and the old carpet is just sitting around. It may not be worth it to ship it but I am sure there is someone close by you willing to part with their extra stuff.

Quick Reply: Anybody have a full rear floor mat?