Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anybody ever run the Toyo M55?

Old 01-25-2010, 08:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody ever run the Toyo M55?

On my never ending quest for tires, I came upon this tire, The Toyo M55. In the size 255/85/R16. Has anybody got any experience with this tire. http://www.toyoeditor.com/m55.html Its a industrial rated tire so I was thinking it might be too stiff for a daily driver? But I aslo heard they last a very long time. Plus they dont look bad. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those tires are mainly designed for 3/4 and 1 ton commercial trucks. They are not a bad tire, but an E rated tire on a Jk is going to ride like a rock. Yes you can drop the air pressure to make them softer, but then they may not wear properly.

What is your intended purpose for your rig? If you are looking for an agressive AT, I would highly recomend the Cooper S/T (not STT) that I am running now. I have been very pleased with them on the HWY (quiet), snow and ice (I get a lot), and offroad (I have run some difficult rated trails with them).
Old 08-27-2012, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 265/70 r17 put 95,000 mi on them in my on my JK, went thru the Owyhee Desert in NV, up to the Jarbidge Wilderness not a hitch. I have just reorder new one for the next trip, fantastic tire you can always let the air out on trails.

Quick Reply: Anybody ever run the Toyo M55?