Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anybody cut the stock rear bumper down???

Old 11-12-2012, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by project06tj
I did it knowing I'd get a new one when I had money for something I wanted. It looks silly, but a hell of a lot better then that ugly thing Jeep called a bumper. I had no choice after I cut my front bumper and my flares; it was sticking out like a sore thumb.
I like that it's so small and clean, but I'd like to keep the quarter panels more protected till I end up buying something else. Thanks for the pics

Originally Posted by masterd78
Here are a couple pics. I haven't had much problem with crap getting in there. And if it does just take off the bumper and shake it out. LOL.]
Thanks for the pics sir. That's pretty much what I was thinking in terms of how much to cut off. Good to hear it's not catching every pebble on the road. I really like that angled look
Old 11-12-2012, 09:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No prob! Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Quick Reply: Anybody cut the stock rear bumper down???