Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Any way to prevent this damage by the die tech brackets?

Old 08-04-2012, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any way to prevent this damage by the die tech brackets?

I thought about not using the hinge screw but thought people might accidentally push on them and slam them into the hood/fender.
Any smarter person than me figure out another way to keep them from swinging out without using the screw?

Here is a photo I got from another thread/forum. Not really wanting to make the paint on my brand new Jeep look like this, but want these brackets.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dietech_hinge_bolt_641.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	349415  
Old 08-04-2012, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've used the brackets on two jeeps and I haven't had but a little bit of paint come off of the screws. I'm just careful putting them on and taking them off. Plus, once the doors are put on, you can't see the bolt anyways.

Chris
Old 08-08-2012, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see where your concerned regarding the paint chipping on the bolt. I used to be as well. The door covers this up when you don't have these on, and when you do have them on, you will have a hard time seeing the bolt.

Noone else would see this.

These are great brackets, the best out there in my opinion. I bought a second set of mirrors, so it's a 1 minute job to pull doors off and pop these on.

Good luck with your build.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Same issue here with the paint of the bolt head. I was thinking of going to Lowes and getting some stainless steel bolts.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

Only just installed mine for the first time, but I didn't take any paint off (black). I'll just touch it up if it becomes an issue. LOVE these brackets. Very much like an OEM design.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-258394822.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	351995

Quick Reply: Any way to prevent this damage by the die tech brackets?