Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

any way to center the rear axle?

Old 03-06-2011, 02:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trauma
Is there a way to re center the rear axle? My 2.5" rk kit came with the bracket which I used but I.can tell by eye that it.is not center with the fenders.

Also little side note, does it matter how the rest springs sit on the spring perches of the axle? I have one touching forward and the other.the opposite way.
Have you measured how the axle sits? If it's even front to back a track bar adjustent centers your rear. If it's not sitting even front to back then control arms need adjusting. I run a long arm kit. Once I got the control arm length correct at the final lift height I wanted, I welded them fixed. Now only the track bar would need adjsusting to center the axle.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you guys talking about on some jeeps that are lifted the rear axel looks closer to the front? I am looking at lifting this month and was wondering how to correct this issue bc it looks rather funny.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also remember during up travel that your rear axle isn't going to move just vertically, there will be some movement to the rear since the control arms are a set length. This is why the rear pinch seam trim is a good idea. Just a thought to keep in mind if you plan on moving the axle back also consider driveshaft length depending on the amount of lift your going to be running.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You would think that the bracket the kit came with would center the axle. Maybe not perfect, but closer than being off a half inch. You may want to make sure you got the right bracket for your kit. But yes, an adjustable trackbar would defanetley center it.

As for the pigtails on the springs; yes, you want to have those oriented the same way in their perches or the Jeep may not sit level.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

As others have said you need to have adjustable uppers and lowers to move the axle toward the rear to center it in the wheel well. If you center the axle you dont need to trim the pinch seam (at least with 35s).
Old 03-07-2011, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dirtman, did you move the axle back?

Quick Reply: any way to center the rear axle?