Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Any tips on aligning front LCA's with stock mounts?

Old 02-15-2013, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any tips on aligning front LCA's with stock mounts?

Good Evening,

Swapping out my coil springs and adding some adjustable front LCA's this evening. . .

Any tips on getting the bolt holes to line up? Had to pull in the axle to get the stock uppers to align and now are pulling out the axle for the lowers (pulling towards the front of the vehicle) with ratchet straps.

Using two floor jacks to adjust driver/passenger side axle height. .. . Can't seem to get the axle pulled towards the front enough to get the bottom bolt to line up? Is removing the front track bar critical? Have sway bars, shocks and tires removed.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated for tomorrow's attempt!
Old 02-15-2013, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

I used ratchet straps with the Jeep on the ground so it would move as I used the straps.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use a ratchet strap too on the ground, around the axle and to my front bumper rings. If you have tow hooks that would work, otherwise the swaybar. No need at all to remove your track bar.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:53 PM
JK Junkie

Here is a link to the write up.....It uses the floor jack positioned into either at the axle or control arm brackets to help you get the arms in...

Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment

Last edited by scooby snacks; 02-15-2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: removed external link to non-sponsor
Old 02-15-2013, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the input and the link. I was assuming that it would be easier to hit that magic alignment spot with tires off and everything in the air.

Appreciate everyone sharing their experience. .. less cussing tomorrow!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are close, you can put a jack on the rear pinion and rotate the pinion upwards to gain a little more.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ratchet straps ftw deff helped me out A LOT. Also once I was able to grt the bolt started through a lil persuasion with a hammer, don't kill the bolt but nice gentile hits, helped, me out.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

My buddy, who just had open heart surgery and couldn't use his arms, sat on a chair and moved the axle with his boot to line the holes up for me.

Quick Reply: Any tips on aligning front LCA's with stock mounts?