Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Any snorkels compatible with a light bar?

Old 09-15-2011, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any snorkels compatible with a light bar?

I'm looking at adding a snorkel but I currently have an MBRP light bar. from what I've seen the light bar will interfere with the snorkel. Are there any brands of snorkels that are compatible with a light bar?

Thanks
Old 09-15-2011, 01:04 PM
JK Junkie

Im in the same boat as you. There's 2 options as of now and neither of them appeal to me. First is the River Raider one that sits right in front of your windshield light on the passenger side and the other is a do it yourself mod that I'm not really fond of which basically comes out the same as the RR but for a bunch less in costs. I've been waiting for the rugged ridge one since they promise it'll work but it hasn't seen the light of day yet and wont be available for purchase for quite some time. I think I may just chop the lightbar and weld up a bracket to work with the AEV or something.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

to be honest the aev snorkel might work with any modification
Old 09-15-2011, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rugged ridge snorkel
It comes out soon!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cameron7
Rugged ridge snorkel
It comes out soon!
theyve been saying that for the last year......
Old 09-25-2011, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dillUSMC
theyve been saying that for the last year......
Seriously. I waited as long as I could. I finally went with the AEV and am very happy with it. I don't have a light bar (yet). However, I have seen/heard it works with the Gobi light bars. I'm not sure about the MBRP though.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MDJKER
Seriously. I waited as long as I could. I finally went with the AEV and am very happy with it. I don't have a light bar (yet). However, I have seen/heard it works with the Gobi light bars. I'm not sure about the MBRP though.
lol yea i was waiting to but then it just never happend, i have a RR light bar but ima just get the AEV snorkel and see what happens, worst comes to worst ill just cut into the light bar
Old 09-28-2011, 04:31 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MDJKER
It doesn't work with the MBRP. I actually tried to physically mount one and there are too many clearance issues. The only way it to modify the lightbar. If RR isn't putting there's out anytime soon I just may wind up slicing the MBRP one up and using the AEV.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fadeout
It doesn't work with the MBRP. I actually tried to physically mount one and there are too many clearance issues. The only way it to modify the lightbar. If RR isn't putting there's out anytime soon I just may wind up slicing the MBRP one up and using the AEV.
That's good to know. I can strike that one off my list. FYI, Ballz6speed just posted up a pic of the Gobi stealth bar fitting nicely with the AEV in another related thread.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-well-together

Last edited by MDJKER; 09-28-2011 at 11:02 AM. Reason: added link
Old 09-28-2011, 11:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fadeout
Forum memeber Markdsv made a new slimmer horizontal windshield post to support the MBRP rack, and mounted the AEV snorkel in same place.

Quick Reply: Any snorkels compatible with a light bar?