Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Any SC/NC HEMI Swappers

Old 08-17-2015, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Any SC/NC HEMI Swappers

I am going to be doing a Hemi swap in my 2009. I have a 2010 5.7 from a Ram. Just wondering g if anyone in the area has done one or owning one that has been done. Would not mind taking a look at one and maybe asking some questions.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Does anyone not know of a Hemi JK in all of SC and NC?
Old 08-19-2015, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I'd suggest checking with RubiTrux, I think they're out of Charlotte or Raleigh and they do that kind of work.

There's a guy up this way (Norfolk, VA) with a hemi by BOR and from what I've heard him talk of it, I don't think he'd go that route again. It sounded like diagnosis on it was a bear since only BOR could/ would service it- from what he said.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karls10jk
I'd suggest checking with RubiTrux, I think they're out of Charlotte or Raleigh and they do that kind of work. There's a guy up this way (Norfolk, VA) with a hemi by BOR and from what I've heard him talk of it, I don't think he'd go that route again. It sounded like diagnosis on it was a bear since only BOR could/ would service it- from what he said.
Rubitrux is in Asheville. If you're on Facebook, you can go to Charlotte keep group, there is a guy selling his hemi jeep. He may be able to offer some ideas/advice.

Last but not least, call alex at Carolina Truggies. He's kind of leaning more to the SXS world but his jeep ability and knowledge is excellent.

HTH's

Mark
Old 08-19-2015, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Da20captain
Does anyone not know of a Hemi JK in all of SC and NC?
The owner of Down East Offroad in Wilson, NC has a Hemi JKU. It's a 6.4 SRT Hemi that he put in the JKU. It's bad ass and it will fly. They are great folks and do all kinds of Jeep and 4X4 work. Their number is (252) 246-9440. They are located just off of I 95 in Wilson, NC. Hope this helps. Be sure to post some pics of your swap.

Last edited by 2014Wrangler; 01-27-2016 at 07:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Any SC/NC HEMI Swappers