Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

any regrets going to 37" from 35" tires any additional issues on the road

Old 11-09-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went from E rated Mud Grapplers ( 35s ) to D rated Iroks ( 37s) and my ride improved. I am runnning 5.13s in a 6 speed and I am ( as well as my wife) very happy

I did go from soft 8s to alloys when I did this, I can't prove it because I dind't actually weigh the new tires and wheels, but after moving them around several times I beleive the new combo is lighter.

And man the IROKS kick a on the rocks and in the mud.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If running low tire pressure i quess there is no reason to get the valve stem sensors?
What would be a light 37" tire, I am looking at the Pro comp mud terrain it is only a D rated tire
Old 11-11-2010, 05:33 AM
JK Newbie

bump.........
Old 11-11-2010, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm on 34s now. I should have done 35s, but thought I could bypass the superchip with 34s. Dumb move on my part. I already have the front gussets, sleeves and RCV shafts and PSC steering. Also have superiors in the rear. (I know,, it's overdone) From what little offroading I have done with this new rig, for me it would be an even dumber move to go to 37s for all the negatives given by Planman. I was all set to order them until I started adding up all the reasons not to. The JKU auto with a 3" lift, locked, on 35s with 513s is the best of both worlds.... DD & Offroad. Anything beyond that starts to shift into an offroad rig that loses some of its DD qualities. JMHO

Quick Reply: any regrets going to 37" from 35" tires any additional issues on the road