Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Any reason not to buy the tuffy security decklid?

Old 01-21-2011, 02:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Any reason not to buy the tuffy security decklid?

I have an unlimited and would like a secure place to store some gear when I have the top down. This product looks like it is just the ticket.

Besides the price, are there any reasons not to go with the security decked?

Or has anyone bought one for a 4 door and been disappointed with it?
Old 01-21-2011, 03:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been looking at them too. I would love to if anyony has one and if it worth it?
Old 01-21-2011, 03:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by cmhartii
I have been looking at them too. I would love to if anyony has one and if it worth it?
If you search there are a bunch of threads here where people have them and like them. I just wanted to see if anyone didn't like it or had trouble with it before committing myself. Outside of a DIY I haven't come accross any alternative products and like you said, this is a pricey add on...
Old 01-21-2011, 04:23 AM
JK Newbie

Just installed mine yesterday and already love it!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:39 AM
JK Super Freak

had mine for about a year now and i really can't complain. very sturdy does not rattle and easy to remove if need be. i even took out my carpet and it still works great without rattles. the only negative thing i can say is it is a chunk of change, but not much more than the plastic crap out there.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

I would like to know if it is possible to key the lid using the jeep ignition key or if there is any thoughts on how to do it?
Old 01-21-2011, 05:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by teebes210
I would like to know if it is possible to key the lid using the jeep ignition key or if there is any thoughts on how to do it?
no real need to key it. You can't open it unless the rear gate is opened. It has to slide back out about 6 inches then you can lift it up and open. No way to do that if the gate is closed.

I love mine, had it almost a year, I ordered it the day after I bought my Jeep.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Tuffy security deck is awesome. I leave my recovery gear in there all the time now. I added anchors to the lid that come in handy.

The lid is nice too, gives you a nice, flat, sturdy surface to use when out and about. Some people have switched out the side bins with ammo cans for even more closed storage.

Lowe's has a 2' x 3' rubber mat for $10 that fits nicely on top and under. I bought one for underneath to keep things from sliding (no carpet) and one for on top for same reason.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:44 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

as mentioned, this is an awesome product and we love ours. in fact, as soon as i can afford it, we'll be getting another for our orange jk.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ClaytonT
The Tuffy security deck is awesome. I leave my recovery gear in there all the time now. I added anchors to the lid that come in handy.

The lid is nice too, gives you a nice, flat, sturdy surface to use when out and about. Some people have switched out the side bins with ammo cans for even more closed storage.

Lowe's has a 2' x 3' rubber mat for $10 that fits nicely on top and under. I byought one for underneath to keep things from sliding (no carpet) and one for on top for same reason.
I didn't think about it before but now that you mention it I guess I can't use my fitted rubber cargo mat anymore. That sounds like its the only possible negative to the decklid. I can live with that! Going to pick one of these up this week. Thanks everyone for the comments!

Last edited by Biginboca; 01-21-2011 at 06:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Any reason not to buy the tuffy security decklid?