Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Any problems with bds 3 inch lift?

Old 08-15-2011, 02:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Olean NY Jeeper
I was thinking of getting a BDS lift (I was planning on getting 4 inch though) but after countless hours on the internet I found more than one person who said didnt get a lot of lift and they sagged with aftermarked bumpers and winch. It was enough to change my mind. I went with clayton 3.5 coils instead, still havent had time to install but heard nothing but good stuff. I have RC lift and it blows, the shock are crap and the springs are sagging aweful.
Yea I haven't heard anything but bad things about rough country lifts haha
Old 08-15-2011, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Default bds

i had a pieced together bds lift. went that direction due to a buddy being a bds dealer. it was good still running bds control arms and trackbars no complaints. i thought the springs rode rough so i switched them out with aev 3.5 coils didnt help so i replaced the shocks with fox 2.0 and it was like a new jeep so the springs prob rode fine but the shocks sucked. so go bds but get some fox or old man emu shocks and youll love it. the 3" bds springs were true 3" springs the 3.5 aev sat at about 4.5
Old 08-16-2011, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Gatewood
i had a pieced together bds lift. went that direction due to a buddy being a bds dealer. it was good still running bds control arms and trackbars no complaints. i thought the springs rode rough so i switched them out with aev 3.5 coils didnt help so i replaced the shocks with fox 2.0 and it was like a new jeep so the springs prob rode fine but the shocks sucked. so go bds but get some fox or old man emu shocks and youll love it. the 3" bds springs were true 3" springs the 3.5 aev sat at about 4.5
Yea I was planning on getting different shocks cause I heard that the bds weren't that good

Quick Reply: Any problems with bds 3 inch lift?