Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

any pics of homemade skids?

Old 04-25-2012, 07:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Friday2322
I need to do this now, just had my rear driveshaft go and the piece connected to the axle flopped around and smashed my evap cannister So once the replacement shows up (hopefully today) I will install it and build a skid plate for it lol
Old 02-27-2013, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im bringing this thread back! Im not paying $450+ for sheet metal with few simple bends in it. Anyone else? Im wanting to do this as a spring project. My evap is relocated so i'm good there, but i'd like to protect the oil pan, tranny and transfer case a bit better.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm in the same boat. I've been looking at the Rockhard oil pan/tranny/tcase skid. I don't want to pay that either. If I had a metal brake I could make it I'm sure. I have a plasma cutter and welder but bending would be my holdup.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:17 AM
JK Newbie

What would yall be willing to pay I'm in process of making skids for my 07 jku depending on the money I could make extras? ??
Old 02-27-2013, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

I'm thinking of doing the same thing it's $68 for a 4x8 sheet of 1/8 steel and just let my buddy who is a fabricator hook me up. I can't see spending $1k for a full underbody skid
Old 02-27-2013, 02:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Livinitup-I greatly appreciate the offer for a more costly solution. But I have a two door. Some of the skids might be transferable, such as the tranny, bu I doubt the others. I would be interested in seeing your build though-maybe you could do a write up on here!!

Quick Reply: any pics of homemade skids?