Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Any one put their own locker in?

Old 07-22-2013, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one put their own locker in?

Hey guys I just ordered a grizzly locker for the rear of my jk, I'm not changing gears or any thing just putting the locker in, do I need to do anything besides pulling the axels and the carrier out?
Old 07-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Former Vendor

After you switch the ring gear over from the open carrier to the locker you will want to check you backlash. If it seems to be OK then you will want to run a pattern just to double check.

There could be a slight difference in the carrier that will effect your set up. If that is the case then you will need to add or remove shims accordingly to make up for the difference.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just did my rear and front is next got it from SB these guys r great cant say enough good things. But I will tell you now get a slide hammer with lug adapter after wasting hours being a stubborn ass I had the one axle out in 3 hits. Getting the locker in is probably the hardest part. I used grease to hold in the shims and its has to go in straight. Good luck man
Old 07-23-2013, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Pull one bolt out of the ring gear make sure it fits in the carrier found out that if u have 1/2 bolts ur going to have to drill it out its hardened and ur probably going to end up having a machine shop do it.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

I just regeared my rubi myself and if it wasn't for a case spreader the carrier wouldn't of went back in.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:14 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Ssdudas
Just did my rear and front is next got it from SB these guys r great cant say enough good things. But I will tell you now get a slide hammer with lug adapter after wasting hours being a stubborn ass I had the one axle out in 3 hits. Getting the locker in is probably the hardest part. I used grease to hold in the shims and its has to go in straight. Good luck man
Thanks for the kind words! Hope everything goes smoothly for you in the front. You won't have to worry about drilling the carrier up there. If you have any questions during the install you know how to reach us!

Quick Reply: Any one put their own locker in?