Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Any input on my screwy roof rack purchase?

Old 11-01-2011, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any input on my screwy roof rack purchase?

I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Roof Rack. I just need the frame not the basket itself. I googled the Kargo Master Congo Cage.. The best price that came up was 4wheelparts. I filled out the order page... $364.99 and was just about to check but called to check if they had in stock or backorder. While on the phone the customer service rep tells me yes they have it in stock, it's $428.00. Hmm. So I told him I saw it online for $364.99. He asked what website. I told them theirs! So he tells me free shipping is to local stores. Since there is no local store it would be $413.99 shipped. I went ahead and ordered it online for $364.99. When I went to check out, the shipping was Free. It lists my shipping address.... So, computer problems with them, free shipping promotion that isn't listed what's the deal? I'm hoping I get the rack for $364.99.... but expect my card to be charged more or an email negating the order.... Here is part of the email reciept:

Order Summary Quantity Price
Congo Cage Rack Mount by Kargo Master - Part # KAR5035-1
1 $364.99

Subtotal: $364.99
Shipping: FREE
Order Total: $364.99

© 2009 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers, LLC All Rights Reserved.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't tried ordering through the reps on the forum but I have had similar experiences with 4wheelparts. I placed one order online and had it shipped to the store, there were issues, can't remember what but the order was delayed. Whilw waiting for that order I also learned that the store couldn't check on the status of an online order . After that experience I looked up some items online and went to the store, the prices were quite a bit higher, had to get them to price match themselves. They've always worked with me so I still buy from them but the price difference was a bit of a shock.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OverlandJKU
I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Roof Rack. I just need the frame not the basket itself. I googled the Kargo Master Congo Cage.. The best price that came up was 4wheelparts. I filled out the order page... $364.99 and was just about to check but called to check if they had in stock or backorder. While on the phone the customer service rep tells me yes they have it in stock, it's $428.00. Hmm. So I told him I saw it online for $364.99. He asked what website. I told them theirs! So he tells me free shipping is to local stores. Since there is no local store it would be $413.99 shipped. I went ahead and ordered it online for $364.99. When I went to check out, the shipping was Free. It lists my shipping address.... So, computer problems with them, free shipping promotion that isn't listed what's the deal? I'm hoping I get the rack for $364.99.... but expect my card to be charged more or an email negating the order.... Here is part of the email reciept:

Order Summary Quantity Price
Congo Cage Rack Mount by Kargo Master - Part # KAR5035-1
1 $364.99

Subtotal: $364.99
Shipping: FREE
Order Total: $364.99

© 2009 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers, LLC All Rights Reserved.

Same thing happened to me when I ordered some springs and shocks. It says that free shipping is to stores only but it's free either way.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:02 PM
JK Freak

you may get billed by the delivery company - happened to me when I accepted delivery of my kargo master
Old 11-01-2011, 09:08 PM
JK Junkie

I wouldn't pay for shipping when I checked out and agreed to free shipping as it states on the receipt.

Quick Reply: Any input on my screwy roof rack purchase?