Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Any good Noise diagnosticians?

Old 07-21-2013, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any good Noise diagnosticians?

I have a 13' JKUR with 9000 miles. After a few wheelin trips to Moab I now have a "clunk" coming from my front left side. I have a 2.5" AEV lift. It seems more frequent with sudden compression but also happens with wheel travel. It doesn't happen during daily driving. I can't reproduce it on demand but it is getting noticeably worse the more I off-road.
I've had a spotter watch the front suspension and we really can't find the source.
Where do I start? Or do I let it get worse until its obvious?
Thanks!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:01 PM
JK Junkie

Gopro it and see what the camera sees, unfortunately that's probably the best way to really capture what's happening and that's provided the noise of the motor doesn't disguise it.

Sent from my Droid4 and Jkfr e a k s.com

Last edited by k0260; 07-21-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not a bad idea, I'll give it a try.

Any other thoughts?
Old 07-21-2013, 09:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a clunk coming from my front left side and it was the frame side track bar bolt. It would clunk when I turned all the way right or left. New hardware kit from Northridge 4x4 took care of it. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Any good Noise diagnosticians?