Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

any experience with this lift?

Old 06-06-2009, 09:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any experience with this lift?

was looking at some lift options tonight and wondering if anyone has tried this one from rough country. http://roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_2.html

I would want to try it with just the shock relocation brackets for now. I run an 08 X with rubicon wheels and tires. I simply want a little more space to play with/look better for right now. I wheel a little pretty much every w/e but I dont wheel very aggressively as this is my DD and has to get me to work on monday. I dont want to drop a whole lot of money into replacing my shocks because I am eventually going to do a complete lift system around 4" I just want a little something to hold me over till the cash comes my way for a good quality kit . With that said I really hope this BB isnt garbage that is gonna grenade something, any thoughts greatly appreciated, thanx in advance.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:35 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Lots of people running this lift. Try a search up top, you'll find a bunch of threads on it. There is also an install write-up in the, you guessed it, write-ups area.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:01 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

as mentioned, there are lots of folks running this lift now and are quite happy with it. i have installed installed a few of these kits as well can tell you that it's quite easy to do.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

I am running the 2.5 coil spring lift and happy with it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep flexed 1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	25165  
Old 06-07-2009, 08:02 AM
JK Newbie

Been running it since Jan' 08. Have not tested it much offroading but it has been spotless. I did add FT adjustable front and rear track bars so my cost was much higher, but now, i'm set if I want to go coil lift, etc... As noted, you will still have some rake, even though it is a staggered lift.

RB

Old 06-08-2009, 07:09 PM
JK Newbie

awesome those pix look great I was more concerned with the shock extensions then anything else... I guess I wanted to make sure there werent too many horror storys of extension bars snapping or something like that. Thanx for the feedback and the pix the rigs look great
Old 06-08-2009, 10:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RubiRedRider
I know this is a total hijack... but I hate seeing 4 doors with the bikini, windjammer, dust cover combo. It makes me want to run out and buy a 4 door.

Quick Reply: any experience with this lift?