Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Any early experience with the TF performance 1.5" Leveling Kit for 2012 JK Unlimited?

Old 12-06-2011, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any early experience with the TF performance 1.5" Leveling Kit for 2012 JK Unlimited?

Might be buying a 2012 Unlimited Sport today and as any Jeep lover knows I'm already pricing out lift, tires, wheels, bumpers, etc...

I'm just trying to decide what the best, lowest maintenance way to give it a little lift/leveling without having to change gears, shocks, etc, while also running a slightly bigger tire. Probably 285, 295, or 33.

Anybody installed this particular lift? If so, what tires and how does it perform? Thanks everyone.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:52 PM
JK Super Freak

I've had this lift for almost a year and love it. You can run 33" tire with no problems. Well except that once you have it on for a while you will want to go bigger. There is ton of threads on here with pics. Changing gears should be until you start running 35's. I did upgrade my shock to bilsteins for a better ride. They are the same length as stock but a world of a difference better.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

Just installed mine today and looks good with my 285's! If you do install one make sure you unbolt the brake lines, swaybars, and vents to provide slack to install the spacers. Other than that it'd bit the install is a piece of cake. Before and after!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2836646186.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	246450   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1904224920.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	246451  

Last edited by trippnk; 12-06-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I put a leveling kit and spidertrex 1&1/2 inch spacers a month ago along with 275's and have been happy with everything. I think the kit was a TF 2" in the front and an inch in the rear. Got everything from Dave at Northridge 4x4. Great customer service and very reasonable.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blue project
I've had this lift for almost a year and love it. You can run 33" tire with no problems. Well except that once you have it on for a while you will want to go bigger. There is ton of threads on here with pics. Changing gears should be until you start running 35's. I did upgrade my shock to bilsteins for a better ride. They are the same length as stock but a world of a difference better.
Thanks for the reply! Did you have somebody install the lift, or did you do it yourself? So leaving the stock shocks would be fine then? A little worried after reading some of the posts in here that Chrysler won't honor warranties in some cases.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Freebird88
Thanks for the reply! Did you have somebody install the lift, or did you do it yourself? So leaving the stock shocks would be fine then? A little worried after reading some of the posts in here that Chrysler won't honor warranties in some cases.
I did the lift myself and a little help from my uncle, it's basically changing springs and front sway bar exstensions. Stock shocks will work fine. I changed mine out and love the ride now.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by trippnk
Just installed mine today and looks good with my 285's! If you do install one make sure you unbolt the brake lines, swaybars, and vents to provide slack to install the spacers. Other than that it'd bit the install is a piece of cake. Before and after!
Nice pics! Looks a lot taller than 2" though! I'm thinking 285 or 295's as well. Dealer is waiting for me to call back and close the deal on a 2012 right now...
Old 12-06-2011, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Freebird88
Might be buying a 2012 Unlimited Sport today and as any Jeep lover knows I'm already pricing out lift, tires, wheels, bumpers, etc...

I'm just trying to decide what the best, lowest maintenance way to give it a little lift/leveling without having to change gears, shocks, etc, while also running a slightly bigger tire. Probably 285, 295, or 33.

Anybody installed this particular lift? If so, what tires and how does it perform? Thanks everyone.
I had one put in a few weeks ago and I love it. I feel like it actually rides better.
It was $400 total for the kit, install, and alignment .
I couldn't stand the factory rake, it looked awful. I heard no difference in highway noise at all, and barely a 1/2 mpg loss.
I was nervous about the warranty thing also, but this is my 3rd jeep wrangler that's never has never seen a shop under warranty ( except to replace a rubber door gasket). So I took the gamble. Keeping my fingers crossed now I'm waiting to get my 33 DuraTrac's for Xmas.

I say go for it!

Quick Reply: Any early experience with the TF performance 1.5" Leveling Kit for 2012 JK Unlimited?