Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Any cheap ways to remove hard tops?

Old 04-19-2014, 06:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by black-x
Does anyone have any quick ideas on removing hard tops without the help of a second set of hands? I know there are some people using ratchet straps and eye hooks. Any pictures would be appreciated.
I bought an electric 400# winch from harbor freight for $70 and bolted it to the ceiling. Works great!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4211686634.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	547001  
Old 04-19-2014, 07:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the cheapest way ever. I unbolt it and then sit down in back of jeep. Shoulder press it up and then slide out of jeep. Then I walk across garage to were I wanna put it and squat down. Roll it to back and set it down then crawl out from under. Takes me about 3-4 minutes to completely remove it then another 40 to install hardware and trextop.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:28 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced
I have the cheapest way ever. I unbolt it and then sit down in back of jeep. Shoulder press it up and then slide out of jeep. Then I walk across garage to were I wanna put it and squat down. Roll it to back and set it down then crawl out from under. Takes me about 3-4 minutes to completely remove it then another 40 to install hardware and trextop.
you're just a bad ass. Lol!!!
Old 04-19-2014, 07:37 PM
JK Newbie

X2, but I don't bother with the soft top...just put the top back on...
Old 04-19-2014, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

same thing I do it's not that bad once u know the balance point .
Old 04-20-2014, 06:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Same here but I get my trektop on in about half the time. I got a nice lil system of doing nothing :-)

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 04-20-2014, 01:38 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
you're just a bad ass. Lol!!!
Like others said just find the balance point lol.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3850502966.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	547212

Get your girlfriend to help you. That's what I did. The hardest part was getting her off our tennis court long enough to get her hands dirty. Lol.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Use The Casimer Force. Completely free and works every time.

Or, you could use the search function to find less intellectual solutions.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This . . . .

Quick Reply: Any cheap ways to remove hard tops?