Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Any additional parts needed for lift?

Old 09-24-2013, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any additional parts needed for lift?

I recently bought my first Jeep. 2008 4dr Rubi Unlimited it is stock(I have now downsized from a F250 Diesel, blown engine ) . I have been looking to lift it about 2.5" for some offroad (mud, sand, steep terrain, no rocky terrain). It will also be my daily driver. I have been considering the AEV Dualsport XT, Teraflex with shocks, and Rock Krawler stock Mod system. All of these are coil spring replacements and will have new shocks also. Do any of these require any extra parts other than wheel spacers?

Thanks from a novice

Last edited by Lee7588; 09-24-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:14 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Additional parts will be a preference, not a requirement.

List out the components included in each kit and compare them side by side to see if anything is left out from one particular kit, then do some reading to see if that is a component you think you'll want.

Between those three options, I think I would choose the RK kit, and slowly build it into the 2.5" Max Travel kit as funds allow. (My preference would be adjustable components over brackets, but brackets will do the job just fine.)
Old 09-24-2013, 03:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Your best option would be the aev lift. I'm running it now and if you're not rock crawling it's awesome. You will love the on and off road manners. I would add their geometry correction brackets. They really dialed in the lift for me. Wheel spacers if your running stock wheels. I have 34's and they look a little small for my taste. So bigger tires at some point would be good. Mine is my dd and I drive 40+ miles a day and the lift really makes it bearable comfort wise.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Former Vendor

The Stock Mod is a great starter kit. It will get you to where you want in the meantime. At the 2.5" lift height you won't have to worry about your drive shafts with that particular year. You might notice that your steering becomes "flightly" after the lift is installed. This can be corrected by either installing drop brackets or adjustable lower control arms. Both of which will allow you to correct your caster angles which will make the rigs steering feel much better.

If your budget allows you might want to consider just starting with the 2.5" Flex as it is one of the more complete kits to build upon. It is always cheapest to buy the kit once than it is to piece it together.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blue project
Your best option would be the aev lift. I'm running it now and if you're not rock crawling it's awesome. You will love the on and off road manners. I would add their geometry correction brackets. They really dialed in the lift for me. Wheel spacers if your running stock wheels. I have 34's and they look a little small for my taste. So bigger tires at some point would be good. Mine is my dd and I drive 40+ miles a day and the lift really makes it bearable comfort wise.
Blue Do you have any pics with the 34's I am considering 33's or 35's if I am able to get the price break I'm hoping for on Generals

Quick Reply: Any additional parts needed for lift?