Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anti-Theft Door Devices?

Old 04-11-2009, 07:47 PM
gpb
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you put a lock on the hinge nut what prevents someone from removing the two torx bolts holding the hinge to the door?
Old 04-11-2009, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have several security devices including a GLOCK 21 .45 ACP with a SureFire X300 tactical light, GLOCK 30 .45 ACP , a GLOCK 26 9mm, and a S&W snub nose .38+P. But on second thought, if someone stole my hard full doors I could get a set of factory 1/2 doors for my insurance deductible! Several grand less than buying them outright. Hmmmmmmm.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gpb
If you put a lock on the hinge nut what prevents someone from removing the two torx bolts holding the hinge to the door?
Seems like if a petty thief is that determined, you need to weld them! I think of it as "locks only keep honest people out", but I make mine harder to steal than the one next to it......
Old 04-12-2009, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wish someone would steal mine. Then after my deductable I could get half doors. I threw my end cap/nuts away the first time I removed the doors. I take my doors on and off way to often to mess with a lock. If I ever get half doors I might have to look into a lock.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Well, I just aquired a set of half doors in a trade and would love some advice on securing them... How about rounding out the inside of the end nut???
Old 07-14-2009, 06:31 PM
JK Junkie

I think they are a waste of money. If you want to get into the Jeep you can get in (softtop)
Old 07-14-2009, 11:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gpb
Haven't had the new door torx bolts out, but the old ones were a major pain to get out, if a thief wants to work that hard, he wouldn't be a thief....
Old 07-15-2009, 06:44 AM
JK Super Freak

I am confused... in order to get the doors off and out... you would need to unlock the door... that would require someone breaking a window or cutting through your soft top... if they cut through the soft top... when they unlock the door and open in your alarm is going to go off right? so they are going to be stealing your doors with your alarm going off...

maybe I am confused...

How do people steal your doors when they are closed and locked ??

those little bits on the bottom of the door that makes sense to add another step to steal the doors but anyone could buy the key for that or just take the torxs off

I mean if they really wana take the doors its easier to just steal your whole truck and drive away with it and then take there time with all your nice parts...
Old 07-15-2009, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

I have jeep keepers - love em.

Quick Reply: Anti-Theft Door Devices?