Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anti-seize lub on back-side of wheel spacers?

Old 11-07-2011, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti-seize lub on back-side of wheel spacers?

Putting wheel spacers on this week and wondered if putting a thin layer of anti-seize lub is recommended or not necessary. Just want to do it the best way possibe.

Thanks
Old 11-07-2011, 02:58 PM
JK Jedi Master

Depending on what spacers you are using, I think some come with red loctite.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Robar
Depending on what spacers you are using, I think some come with red loctite.
He's talking about the backside of the spacer, not the threads. I don't know the answer, personally I wouldn't do it.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

saw some much older posts that said they used it to keep them easy to remove if necessary, would like to know for sure otherwise I will skip it
Old 11-07-2011, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

I just took some spidertrax off that had been on for about a year. Had to use a large screwdrivewr to get them loose. Maybe antiseize would have saved some time??
Old 11-10-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would absolutely use the neverseize. The spacers are aluminum and the rotors are cast, add the two together and give them some moisture, road salt, and time and they will be a corroded mess. I neverseized mine and have pulled one back off, just wiped the neverseize off and recoated before reinstallation.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

There are certain things I'm glad there is some level of connection with - the hubs and the spacers are clearly one of them, I'm not planning on removing my spacers even semi-regularly, no need to - that's why we use red loctite not the blue - more permanent.
Quit being so OCD and leave them alone.
If the manufacturer of my Spidertrax had wanted never-seize in there I think they would have suggested it or included it like they did the red-loctite.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by captainkeene
I just took some spidertrax off that had been on for about a year. Had to use a large screwdrivewr to get them loose. Maybe antiseize would have saved some time??
Same here. I had to remove them to put the new wheels on.

I'm not sure if they are anymore good with the indents from the screwdriver on the back side
Old 05-31-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by pastorwug
There are certain things I'm glad there is some level of connection with - the hubs and the spacers are clearly one of them, I'm not planning on removing my spacers even semi-regularly, no need to - that's why we use red loctite not the blue - more permanent.
Quit being so OCD and leave them alone.
If the manufacturer of my Spidertrax had wanted never-seize in there I think they would have suggested it or included it like they did the red-loctite.
What about when u need to replace rotor

Quick Reply: Anti-seize lub on back-side of wheel spacers?