Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Antenna Mod

Old 10-26-2008, 05:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is a great idea. Where did you come up with it? Did you think of it yourself? Thanks for sharing. Mine is yeller, too and the black antenna would look great.....and yours does.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
This is a great idea. Where did you come up with it? Did you think of it yourself? Thanks for sharing. Mine is yeller, too and the black antenna would look great.....and yours does.
Thanks, I was gonna spray paint it, but saw the plasti-dip can on my shelf and thought it would last forever and not chip. I'm gonna apply for a patent after this post !!

Shiney on a Benz looks good, but not the look I like on what is supposed to be a rugged vehicle like a jeep. I'll probably hit the muffler with Bar-B-Q grill (High temp) paint and take off the headlight surrounds and plasti-dip them also. Only thing i cannot do is the key holes, haven't figured that one out yet.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think this will be next weeks mod. Finally a cheap one!!
Old 10-26-2008, 07:34 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BigBadMike
Thanks, I was gonna spray paint it, but saw the plasti-dip can on my shelf and thought it would last forever and not chip. I'm gonna apply for a patent after this post !!

Shiney on a Benz looks good, but not the look I like on what is supposed to be a rugged vehicle like a jeep. I'll probably hit the muffler with Bar-B-Q grill (High temp) paint and take off the headlight surrounds and plasti-dip them also. Only thing i cannot do is the key holes, haven't figured that one out yet.

Did my key holes a while ago with some black rust paint. Just masked them off, lightly sanded and voila. You can kind of see it here:

I have keyless entry so I dont worry about scratching them though.

Just have to do the "Jeep" on the grill, but I am thinking about bedlining the whole grill.....so it can wait.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Did my key holes a while ago with some black rust paint. Just masked them off, lightly sanded and voila. You can kind of see it here:

I have keyless entry so I dont worry about scratching them though.

Just have to do the "Jeep" on the grill, but I am thinking about bedlining the whole grill.....so it can wait.
Nice. I didn't even think about the keyless entry and not ever really putting a key in there. May have to think about this one. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice job, look great
Old 01-01-2010, 01:28 PM
GDK
JK Newbie

Great idea BigMadMike. I ended up using black paint I had around the garage. Now, I'm going to have to take dyolfknip's idea and do the doors.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My collision detection sensor errhhh antenna gets banged on beams somewhat often in parking structures in the concrete jungle.

What type of finish does the plastic dip provide? Is it a bit soft like rubber?
Old 01-01-2010, 02:34 PM
JK Freak

the plasti-dip is awesome. i used it for my grille mod so i wouldn't have to worry about chips from road debris. it gives a nice hard rubber type finish. i loved the dip for my tools and when i found it in a spray i was incredibly excited. i don't have a need for it yet, but i thought about using several coats of the dip on a set of shackles to keep them from clanging against the bumper. i'm still running a modified stocker, but i will definitely try this when i get a new one

and as far as the key holes go... i didn't even know my jeep HAD key holes on the outside. i don't know if i've ever actually used them. i think i'd like it if they were black tho
Old 01-01-2010, 03:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looks great

Thanks for the tip. I was thinking of trying to do the same thing with electrical shrink tubing but I believe your way is better.

Quick Reply: Antenna Mod