Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another wraparound wind jammer on 4 door question

Old 02-26-2014, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another wraparound wind jammer on 4 door question

Before I get flamed, I did search and couldn't find my answer. I know a lot of people run this setup. My question is what does the upper part of the wrap around wind jammer mount to? My rear roll bar is pretty far back and doesn't have anything for it to attach to? I have the best top safari top/bestop wrap around windjammer. Thanks for the help
Old 02-26-2014, 01:45 PM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Odd Ball Plastic Strip

Yeah, I was kind of taken back when I was trying to figure out the proper procedure when installing my 3 part half top system (Bikini, Windjammer & Duster) Turns out that the Windjammer should be installed first. Mind you we're driving a 2door..
I'm assuming your going to use the windjammer as a wall or barrier and remove the rear seat and I actually like this idea. Thou the windjammer has a " n " shaped opening right in the middle at the bottom of the jammer.. this allows one to access the rear of the jeep (back seat) area.
As for the top of the jammer.. Turns out that the Bikini has a " U " channel and the jammer has an opposing " U " channel and you must slide these two together..
The jammer itself is then installed in the door surrounds on both sides and this can be a tight fit.
The two tie downs are then strapped under the two front seats, but do them semi lose. Because one swift seat push back.. and you'll disconnect the top U channel or worse.
If your going to be using the safari bikini top.. I don't think there is a U channel connection point.. However, even though we taking notice of the U channel it doesn't seem like it's going anywhere unless something major happens and the jammer should stay in place without the top U channel connected.
Lastly, there are two versions of the jammer, The full wraparound and the set in place jammer.. which has more opening.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepWranglerNation
Yeah, I was kind of taken back when I was trying to figure out the proper procedure when installing my 3 part half top system (Bikini, Windjammer & Duster) Turns out that the Windjammer should be installed first. Mind you we're driving a 2door..
I'm assuming your going to use the windjammer as a wall or barrier and remove the rear seat and I actually like this idea. Thou the windjammer has a " n " shaped opening right in the middle at the bottom of the jammer.. this allows one to access the rear of the jeep (back seat) area.
As for the top of the jammer.. Turns out that the Bikini has a " U " channel and the jammer has an opposing " U " channel and you must slide these two together..
The jammer itself is then installed in the door surrounds on both sides and this can be a tight fit.
The two tie downs are then strapped under the two front seats, but do them semi lose. Because one swift seat push back.. and you'll disconnect the top U channel or worse.
If your going to be using the safari bikini top.. I don't think there is a U channel connection point.. However, even though we taking notice of the U channel it doesn't seem like it's going anywhere unless something major happens and the jammer should stay in place without the top U channel connected.
Lastly, there are two versions of the jammer, The full wraparound and the set in place jammer.. which has more opening.
Mines the wrap around windjammer, and people are actually keeping the back seats in and using it. And it looks like it somehow mounts to the rear roll bar. But im not sure how it mounts. I do have a channel on the top of the windjammer, but nothing to attach it to
Old 02-26-2014, 02:01 PM
-

Unless you have the bikini.. I don't think there is a connection point on the safari softop.. thou if you had the TJ.. the windjammer actually mounted in place where the sound bar was located.. because it was one whole piece and not three pieces for the JK
Old 02-26-2014, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unless you have the bikini.. I don't think there is a connection point on the safari softop.. thou if you had the TJ.. the windjammer actually mounted in place where the sound bar was located.. because it was one whole piece and not three pieces for the JK
that's what I was unsure of.. I don't mind buying a bikini top.. aslong as it'd work.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:26 PM
-

Thumbs up My Bad!

Just realized my mistake.. it's not the bikini or the safari softops it connects to.. it's a weather proof cover that installs on the speak bar.. sorry my bad.

So yes grab the speaker cover and you're good to go.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just realized my mistake.. it's not the bikini or the safari softops it connects to.. it's a weather proof cover that installs on the speak bar.. sorry my bad.

So yes grab the speaker cover and you're good to go.
you the man, I appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Another wraparound wind jammer on 4 door question