Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another will it fit...

Old 08-06-2013, 05:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Green is good if you eventually want to remove the spacer. Use loctite Black if you never want it to come loose. They use that stuff on dump trucks and bulldozers.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced

To say ppl who are anti spacer are stupid just shows your ignorance. Look on the forum and you'll find couple cases of ppl with spacers who lost wheels on the street and they do increase bearing load do to moving the mounting surface out 1.5". There is a reason tire shops dont do spacers and it is because they are a liability. That said if you properly maintain them and re-tq with ever tire rotation you will get lots of use out of them providing premature bearing failure
Most of the issues I have heard regarding spacers were due to improper installation or maintenance, or just poor quality products. Buy a good quality reputable spacer, install them as the manufacturer recommends, and maintain them by checking the torque at intervals recommended by the manufacturer, and the chance of failure is very unlikely

Some shops shy away from installing them due to liability. Not so much from installing them, but for the potential for the owner to not maintain them properly and have an incident, then point the blame back on the installer..
Old 08-06-2013, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Guys! I have learned a lot! I will be using well made spacers if I go with the 305's but I am a little worried about the rear sway bar touching the tire without a spacer? Maybe I am wrong but it looks like it could be a tight fit. I will have a bigger budget next year but I have the leveling kit on my bench that I feel I need to put to use

Quick Reply: Another will it fit...