Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another will it fit...

Old 08-06-2013, 02:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK UNLIMITED
..... You will need the clearance to run those tires otherwise it will rub on your front track bar at full lock when turning.....
I'm not 100% on this one for running spacers. It will keep the tires off of the front sway bar but track bar is new to me.

Sent from my Droid4 and Jkfreaks.com
Old 08-06-2013, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan0260

A big X2 on this.
X3. I have had spacers or wheel adapters on many vehicles. No issues. For example Spidertrax are hub centric. They do not rely on the studs, per se. They are a quality product and operate safely. Do what you want but don't listen to people who are anti-spacer. They are either misinformed, buy poor quality products, or just all around stupid. Do the appropriate research and you will find that they are safe. I run them on my 2013 rubi with 315/70/17s. No bumpstops or trimming mods. Rant complete. Good luck bro.

Sent from grenade range
Old 08-06-2013, 02:36 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Chemlight

X3. I have had spacers or wheel adapters on many vehicles. No issues. For example Spidertrax are hub centric. They do not rely on the studs, per se. They are a quality product and operate safely. Do what you want but don't listen to people who are anti-spacer. They are either misinformed, buy poor quality products, or just all around stupid. Do the appropriate research and you will find that they are safe. I run them on my 2013 rubi with 315/70/17s. No bumpstops or trimming mods. Rant complete. Good luck bro.

Sent from grenade range
To say ppl who are anti spacer are stupid just shows your ignorance. Look on the forum and you'll find couple cases of ppl with spacers who lost wheels on the street and they do increase bearing load do to moving the mounting surface out 1.5". There is a reason tire shops dont do spacers and it is because they are a liability. That said if you properly maintain them and re-tq with ever tire rotation you will get lots of use out of them providing premature bearing failure
Old 08-06-2013, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls

I'm not 100% on this one for running spacers. It will keep the tires off of the front sway bar but track bar is new to me.

Sent from my Droid4 and Jkfreaks.com
Yes you are correct it is the sway bar NOT the track bar...my fault there...and checking the torque every tire rotation will not "break" the Loctite bond because if the Loctite is doing its job (red Loctite) the torque will not have loosened up any,I have not had a problem with red Loctite coming loose and it is a real bitch to get them off afterwards...trust me on that one!
Old 08-06-2013, 02:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran spider trax spacers on my last rig. I could not find wheels I liked with the proper backspacing so I bought the wheels anyways and put spacers on to correct the backspacing issue. I had zero problems and when I sold it. The guy ran them for another 3 years before he sold it to someone else with the spacers still on them. I would run them again and recommend them to my friends.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced

To say ppl who are anti spacer are stupid just shows your ignorance. Look on the forum and you'll find couple cases of ppl with spacers who lost wheels on the street and they do increase bearing load do to moving the mounting surface out 1.5". There is a reason tire shops dont do spacers and it is because they are a liability. That said if you properly maintain them and re-tq with ever tire rotation you will get lots of use out of them providing premature bearing failure
To say that shows ur ignorance. Your point is not germane to the conversation writ large. That is what I said. Period. Do your research. Im not going to belabor the point any further. However, your opinion is noted.

Sent from grenade range
Old 08-06-2013, 03:12 PM
JK Freak

just spacers is all im thinking youll need, maybe the pinch seem
Old 08-06-2013, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK UNLIMITED
...and checking the torque every tire rotation will not "break" the Loctite bond because if the Loctite is doing its job (red Loctite) the torque will not have loosened up any,I have not had a problem with red Loctite coming loose and it is a real bitch to get them off afterwards...trust me on that one!
Fair enough, just making sure putting down a bead of loctite wasn't an exercise in futility.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by r3cluse

Fair enough, just making sure putting down a bead of loctite wasn't an exercise in futility.
Even if you do loctite em I would still regularly check them. To me simple insurance for your and others life. I've seen and heard of ppls tires coming off on road cause ppl dont check the spacers nuts.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Use green loctite. You will have to use a hammer and a heat gun to get the bad boy off.

Quick Reply: Another will it fit...