Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another what lift thread... I know I know.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Driving on old logging and mining roads myself daily no matter how much lift you do i highly recomend speed bumps.

From how it sounds IMO a 2.5" BB sounds best for you
Old 12-07-2012, 05:20 AM
JK Newbie

I have the AEV JK DualSport XT Suspension 2.5" lift with the geometry correction brackets and absolutely love it. The ride is better than stock in all aspects...better handling, softer ride, better braking, etc. I also added a Fox Racing Front 2.0" Factory Performance Series Steering Stabilizer which I feel is a tad bit nicer than the OE hydraulic stabilizer. Might upgrade to the new Fox ATS steering stabilizer when it gets released in January but $340 for a steering stabilizer is kinda salty.

See pics below with the lift on with my OE wheels and tires and more recently with my AEV Pintler's wrapped in 315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grappler's...

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000188.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	395984 Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000189.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	395985 Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000222.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	395986 Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000224.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	395987
Old 12-09-2012, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

Well, after a little research I've decided just to go with a 2.5" bb. I have a few questions though...

When it comes down to it is every bb the same?

I would like to possible stack an extra 3/4" on the front to remove factory rake, would I have any problems doing this?

I am planning on running 17x9" ballistic hyjaks (4.5"bs)

Ballistic Wheels | Black Ballistic Hyjak 901

and kelly safari tsr (had this tire before and loved it) in a 315/70r17, would I have any clearance issues/ would I have to trim?

I would like to change shocks while I am at it, would ya'll suggest bilsteins or the rancho adjustables?

With that small of a lift would you suggest adding any parts other than what comes with the kits? (speed bumps, trac bar, ect.)
Old 12-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Former Vendor

Budget Boosts are different depending on which company you go with. Some have shock extensions, some have replacement shocks, some have track bar relocation brackets and some don't. Most of them are pretty similar though.

If you go with the Teraflex Budget Boost then you will not need to stack any extra spacers in the front. Teraflex BB will automatically remove some; to most; of the factory rake.

IMO going with replacement shocks is better than just shock extensions but I don't have any real data to back up this statement.

If you need anything at all feel free to contact me.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:41 PM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=kdn333;3326325]I have the AEV JK DualSport XT Suspension 2.5" lift with the geometry correction brackets and absolutely love it. The ride is better than stock in all aspects...better handling, softer ride, better braking, etc. I also added a Fox Racing Front 2.0" Factory Performance Series Steering Stabilizer which I feel is a tad bit nicer than the OE hydraulic stabilizer. Might upgrade to the new Fox ATS steering stabilizer when it gets released in January but $340 for a steering stabilizer is kinda salty.

See pics below with the lift on with my OE wheels and tires and more recently with my AEV Pintler's wrapped in 315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grappler's...

Your Jeep looks Great! How are you liking those Nittos? I put the 3.5 JK Dualsport on but haven't decided on tires yet.

Quick Reply: Another what lift thread... I know I know.