Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another Tire Post...

Old 01-24-2012, 01:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
You wanna fight about it?! totally jk Just shows how many people have their own opinions on tires, haha.... There are so many factors though, mainly HOW you drive (taking turns like mario andretti or like driving miss daisy) along with a pavement princess or wheelin' it.
Right on. I drive pretty slow around town, and I do little to no rock crawling, but I'm on trails, in mud, and on god awful gravel roads all the time. If the MTZ's handle the same as the ATZ's on pavement, that's what I will go for. If I get 40k instead of 50k...who cares. I'll probably have another vehicle to play around with in 2-3 years anyways. I'm sticking with a Mickey Thompson or a Cooper because where I'm from there is a Cooper plant that employees a lot of good people and is a great place to work. I don't think they are necessarily better products than others, but I will support them. I've also had terrible customer service experiences with Goodyear, so they are probably a no go.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrDillClinton
Right on. I drive pretty slow around town, and I do little to no rock crawling, but I'm on trails, in mud, and on god awful gravel roads all the time. If the MTZ's handle the same as the ATZ's on pavement, that's what I will go for. If I get 40k instead of 50k...who cares. I'll probably have another vehicle to play around with in 2-3 years anyways. I'm sticking with a Mickey Thompson or a Cooper because where I'm from there is a Cooper plant that employees a lot of good people and is a great place to work. I don't think they are necessarily better products than others, but I will support them. I've also had terrible customer service experiences with Goodyear, so they are probably a no go.
If I remember correctly, I believe WOL said that Cooper makes ProComp...so, if you are gunning for Cooper or ProComp, you get the best of both worlds!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Watch Falkens JK Experience videos and see the WildPeak A/T's in action. Sold after watching all their videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuVR5_VeKOI&feature=relmfu
Old 01-24-2012, 07:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MrDillClinton

I love my Mickey MTZ's for my daily driver, trails etc. As far as my winter set up I bought my Goodyear Duratracs from Discount Tire Direct ..... excellent customer service.... In pics below my Mickey MTZ's are on the Mickey classic rims and my duratracs are on the all black winter set-up
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1012162309.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	269482   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1216853040.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	269483   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-727023317.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	60.4 KB