Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another TF3" question

Old 06-11-2009, 08:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another TF3" question

ok. i know i have to evetually change both of my driveshafts. but does the rear one need to be replaced right away. who has smoked there stock rear driveshaft with moderate wheeling. and who is running there 2 door soft top with out lower after market rear control arms.

As of right now i'm getting

TF 3" lift pt#1256200
TF ftont track bar pt#1753418
Coast front drive shaft.

all of this is comeing From David at Nothridge.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:01 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you get any arms with that kit?
Old 06-11-2009, 10:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Default yes

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
did you get any arms with that kit?
front lowers, and rear uppers.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:37 AM
JK Jedi

that is what I got when I did mine. I just now got the rear lowers and front uppers on. I have a hardtop, but it wont make much diference. Just make sure that you get the pinion angle as good as you can. I just replaced my rear driveshaft last weekend, and my stock one was still ok. I wheel a good bit too. The numbers that tera sends you with the kit is a good starting point for adjusting your arms. You may want to go a little longer in the front than what they suggest, if you want more caster. The settings they suggested in the front gave me 5* caster.

The front shaft is the important one, if you get the pinion angle correct the rear will last you a while.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Default thank you

Thank you Bigblue. i thought that myself. the only think that TF sugested buying was the rear lowers. but i think i'll be ok. i'll have help installing. they have done lift installs before. Thanks Again!

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
that is what I got when I did mine. I just now got the rear lowers and front uppers on. I have a hardtop, but it wont make much diference. Just make sure that you get the pinion angle as good as you can. I just replaced my rear driveshaft last weekend, and my stock one was still ok. I wheel a good bit too. The numbers that tera sends you with the kit is a good starting point for adjusting your arms. You may want to go a little longer in the front than what they suggest, if you want more caster. The settings they suggested in the front gave me 5* caster.

The front shaft is the important one, if you get the pinion angle correct the rear will last you a while.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Jedi

just to warn you, those arms are so nice that you will not be able to stop yourself from getting the rest of the set!!! You got that TF solid steel HD track bar??? That thing is awesome. I got the JKS, then the Tera ones came out a week later. The JKS are good, but that tera one is bad ass IMO.

You are gonna love that suspension system. What shocks did you get?
Old 06-11-2009, 11:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Yep!

yea i'm placing my order through Northridge on the 19th. i'm looking forward to seeing all of my goodies when i get home. they should be waiting on me. should be back in country sometime around the first!
Old 06-11-2009, 11:24 AM
JK Jedi

those little arms are tough. This is not the best photo of them, but here is the rear lowers and front uppers I added:

Are you going to use the Teraflex shocks?
Old 06-11-2009, 11:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Default yes.

all TeraFlex. everything is going to be TF. i want all of it to match. i'm goofy like that. but it lust looks better when it all matches.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:29 AM
JK Jedi

you get this lift on yet?

Quick Reply: Another TF3" question