Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another TerraFlex 2.5" Potential Problem?

Old 12-24-2007, 12:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RuBob
How tall are the bumpstop extensions and how tall are the shock extensions? I am planning to go with 33's and wanted to know if I could get by with no (or less) bumpstop extension. Being a 2.5" lift, I thought they may be adding enough bumpstop for 35's. Obviously, I don't want to bottom out the shocks with those shock extensions either.

Thanks
Without going out to measure, Im pretty sure the extensions were 2.5 inches. And I think the bumpstops were 2.5 inches as well. I can probably go out and measure tomorrow at some point, if no one else has the exact measurements.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my two cents on mine. I love the longer tf shocks. Definatly get bumpstops. And the axle shift is only noticable in one way to me..... When the roads get salted for snow more grime gets thrown up on the driver side door than passenger door cause it shifts towards driver side lol. ** note my tires are 12.5" wide. Look in show and tell for my thread "happy with my 2.5 tf bb" to see the kind of flex u can get and why its obvious u need the bump stop. Btw the tf shocks are a little stiffer but I feel that is better.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the TF shocks on my TJ and they were pretty good. but at this point, I'd like to save some money and keep the stock Rubicon shocks which are also good.
yeah if i didn't have the x shocks i woulda done the same thing.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:03 PM
JK Junkie

that would be great, thanks. any idea if the stock MT's on the Rubi rub when stock and disconnected? sorry, just got this last week and trying to figure out a few things.

thanks
I dont think they do, but I had the lift on before we went wheelin for the first time. Although we have wheeled with a stock rubi and he did have it flexed pretty good a few times, it looked close, but I dont think they rubbed.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

On ours we got 1/8" shift to the drivers side on the front axle and 1/2" shift to the passenger side on the rear axle.

I ended up getting the BDS 2.5" drop bracket to re-center the rear only because I could tell it was off with the bigger tires.

With the 2.5" lift and stock rims/tires there shouldn't be any rubbing. We run the tires in my sig (roughly 34.5") and all is fine at full flex. I did have to trim the front air dam slightly to fit the larger tires, but stockers won't need it.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:02 PM
JK Junkie

that would be great, thanks. any idea if the stock MT's on the Rubi rub when stock and disconnected? sorry, just got this last week and trying to figure out a few things.

thanks
I measured the front stock extensions and front bumpstop extensions, they are both 2.5". I didnt get a chance to crawl under and measure the rear. But Im really sure they were 2.5" too

Quick Reply: Another TerraFlex 2.5" Potential Problem?