Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another TerraFlex 2.5" Potential Problem?

Old 12-23-2007, 05:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another TerraFlex 2.5" Potential Problem?

I talked to a guy today that "heard" that when installed, the lift slightly shifts the axle to the left. It can be corrected by purchasing a drop bracket for the bar that connects the axle to the frame.
After all I've read here about the TF 2.5" BB, this is the first time I've heard about this. Has anybody else heard anything pertaining to this?
The TF 2.5" BB seems to be the most popular and I am/was planning to buy it, but I sure don't want to have any problems after installation....that's for sure.
I'ver heard about bracket holes not lining up and other things. So if there are so many potential problems why is it so popular?
Old 12-23-2007, 05:34 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The axle shift you are refering to has been covered here time and time again and it is perfectly normal and it is NOT a problem for such a small lift. Check out the FAQ as it might help answer other questions for you

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...72&postcount=2
Old 12-23-2007, 06:34 PM
JK Jedi

Sorry for repeating then, but I still have super slow dialup and if I took the time to go through every post I'd never find anything.....
Old 12-23-2007, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

For your dial up.

As he mentioned, the slight shift is nothing to worry about.
It doesn't matter what small BB you use, it will slightly shift the axle.
The only way to properly fix it is with an adjustable track bar. But again...with a 2"-2.5" lift it's nothing to worry about.

I ran the teraflex BB for a long time with no issues
Old 12-23-2007, 08:19 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Sorry for repeating then, but I still have super slow dialup and if I took the time to go through every post I'd never find anything.....
No problem and I understand. Just pointing out that there might be other answers for you in the Modified FAQ to help you out
Old 12-24-2007, 11:27 AM
JK Jedi

Thanks...Although I'd gone through the FAQs before, I indeed read through them again.
But....can I ask, how much of a "slight" axle shift are we talking about here...1/8", 1/2", 1"...more??? I guess I ask because "slight" is a pretty relative term....ie: To a perfectionist "slight" may be totally unacceptable, but to many, "slight" wouldn't mean a thing. I'd have to say I'm probably somewhere in between.
I guess what I'm trying to say is....it seems like whenever a guy wants to do one of these "simple" projects, Mr. Murphy is always lurking, and believe me, at almost 52 years old I've faught with him more times than I care to think about.
So if I can be so bold.....I JUST DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO PUT UP WITH ANY BS AFTER I INSTALL THIS THING...!!!......ha
Appreciate your time.....
Old 12-24-2007, 11:55 AM
JK-Forum Founder

By slight, we are literally talking about 1/8"... maybe 3/16". Your front will shift as well in the other direction but it really won't be a problem. Heck, there are many times when people install a relocation bracket or an adjustable track bar with a collapsed lenght that is longer than what you need and the shift ends up going too far the other way. Really, it is no big deal and you will be fine.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:57 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
By slight, we are literally talking about 1/8"... maybe 3/16". Your front will shift as well in the other direction but it really won't be a problem. Heck, there are many times when people install a relocation bracket or an adjustable track bar with a collapsed lenght that is longer than what you need and the shift ends up going too far the other way. Really, it is no big deal and you will be fine.
x2 on this, 8500 miles on this lift. Zero problems. Tracks straight and handles great.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:03 PM
JK Jedi

BLY109.....Did you buy the TF shocks or stay with the stock Mopars???
Old 12-24-2007, 12:10 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
BLY109.....Did you buy the TF shocks or stay with the stock Mopars???
Since I have a Rubicon, I stayed with the stock shocks with the Teraflex shock extensions. I have been very happy with this setup on and off road.

Quick Reply: Another TerraFlex 2.5" Potential Problem?