Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another Teraflex BB question

Old 08-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Fallen Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evanyj350
I did the TF BB and it lifts the jeep up 2-1/2" front and rear. If you had a sag before you will still have it. I ended up pulling out the front spacers and getting 3" HD front springs. I have a winch and bumper on the front and it still sits about 3/4" low. You'd probably be level without the winch and bumper weight with new springs.
OK, so if he gets the 3"XD springs will he need to replace the arms or anything else or is this a direct one for one swap? I am about to the swap I think..........
Old 08-17-2008, 10:31 AM
JK Jedi

For the money that you would spend on those spacers you could damn near get some nice wheels. Go for the wheels, you know you want to.

I have 4.5" backspacing on my Eagle Alloys, 33" x 11.5" tires.......

I have no rubbing even with no lift.....
Old 08-17-2008, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 150
OK, so if he gets the 3"XD springs will he need to replace the arms or anything else or is this a direct one for one swap? I am about to the swap I think..........
GO read my internet thrown together lift page. Its in my signature. I have a 4 inch lift and no control arms or cam bolts. Drives great and straight.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default your lift

I have an 07 Sahara 2dr and I too did not want to have the factory rake and I wanted to keep the jk level. i am happy I went with the TF BB because I went camping and put a rack in the hitch with a cooler, tent, and a garden hose reel and it leveled out real easym otherwise it would look like crap if I did otherwise. As for the spacers do it, you will not be disapointed on its handeling, and you will rub in 2 different locations on your rig and the rule is for every inch you go up you are supposed to go half inch out to be stable. I put the spacer on because I am not planning on changing my oem wheels but if your are not you don't have to get the spacers just get at least a 4 1/2 backspacing on your aftermarket wheels.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Fallen Hero

Originally Posted by evanyj350
I did the TF BB and it lifts the jeep up 2-1/2" front and rear. If you had a sag before you will still have it. I ended up pulling out the front spacers and getting 3" HD front springs. I have a winch and bumper on the front and it still sits about 3/4" low. You'd probably be level without the winch and bumper weight with new springs.
OK, I got my springys they are in the mail......Any advise.. Is it as easy as pulling out the old and slapping in the new?
Old 08-19-2008, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Okie4WD
All four, and 1.25" is the minimum.

Interestingly, some steel wheels would only be a few bills more, and you can get the right backspacing, no need for spacers this route.
Agreed, plus you can get some 15" or 16" wheels and save several hundred dollars when It comes to purchasing the tires.

Go look at any tire in a 33x12.5x18 then go look at the same tire in a 33x12.5x16.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Get as much flex as you can on one side at a time to gain enough room to install the springs without a coil compressor. A pry bar is your friend. When installing the springs, set the bump stops inside the springs prior to spring placement. Then, once the springs are seated, use a pry-bar through the coils to seat the bump stops into position by prying upwards. It's tricky, but eventually the bump stops will "pop" into place.

Originally Posted by 150
OK, I got my springys they are in the mail......Any advise.. Is it as easy as pulling out the old and slapping in the new?
Old 08-19-2008, 08:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by VA_Rubi-Red
Get as much flex as you can on one side at a time to gain enough room to install the springs without a coil compressor. A pry bar is your friend. When installing the springs, set the bump stops inside the springs prior to spring placement. Then, once the springs are seated, use a pry-bar through the coils to seat the bump stops into position by prying upwards. It's tricky, but eventually the bump stops will "pop" into place.
Lube the bumpstops with a little Simple green, or dish soap. That make them much easier to pop in. And with that pry bar, use 2, or a big screw driver. I uses two of those flat wreaking bars. They are great!!!!

When droping your axels, watch the ABS wires. Pull them loose from the clips, then don't forget to reinstall them. Just don't streach those wires....

Oh ya,,, No beer till after your done......

Quick Reply: Another Teraflex BB question