Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another Teraflex BB question

Old 08-06-2008, 03:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Teraflex BB question

Hi, I'm new to this site, and new to my 07 saraha unlimited. I've been doing some reading on here but still have a few questions. I just got the teraflex BB in the mail yesterday. I got the kit that allows me to use my stock shocks and springs, I also see it came with the rear track bar bracket. My jeep is stock and it sags in the front. I don't have plans of putting a big bumper and wench on it. After installing this lift will my jeep sit level? If not what can I do to get it to sit level? And for tires I plan on using the stock rims, and getting a 33X12.5X18 tire, will I need to purchase and install spacers? Thanks for any help.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

On the spacers question....YES, you will need spacers.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:56 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks, how big?
Old 08-06-2008, 03:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07sahara
Hi, I'm new to this site, and new to my 07 saraha unlimited. I've been doing some reading on here but still have a few questions. I just got the teraflex BB in the mail yesterday. I got the kit that allows me to use my stock shocks and springs, I also see it came with the rear track bar bracket. My jeep is stock and it sags in the front. I don't have plans of putting a big bumper and wench on it. After installing this lift will my jeep sit level? If not what can I do to get it to sit level? And for tires I plan on using the stock rims, and getting a 33X12.5X18 tire, will I need to purchase and install spacers? Thanks for any help.
You wont need wheel spacers if you dont plan on flexing your suspension. If you do flex the sway bar will come in contact with the tire. That is the big problem when I ran this lift. If you need install pics or help, check my pics out.

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q.../TF%20install/

You will see that this is with spidertrax spacers on stock wheels. Without them its going to be tight.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:21 AM
JK Newbie

I did the TF BB and it lifts the jeep up 2-1/2" front and rear. If you had a sag before you will still have it. I ended up pulling out the front spacers and getting 3" HD front springs. I have a winch and bumper on the front and it still sits about 3/4" low. You'd probably be level without the winch and bumper weight with new springs.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Spidertrax mades 1.5 inch spacers and teraflex makes a set that I think is 1.25 inches. Rubbing sucks... get spacers.

Ty
Old 08-06-2008, 05:06 AM
JK Newbie

Do I put spacers on all 4 wheels or just the front?
Old 08-06-2008, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

All four, and 1.25" is the minimum.

Interestingly, some steel wheels would only be a few bills more, and you can get the right backspacing, no need for spacers this route.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

Are the stock rubicon front springs 3"?
Old 08-06-2008, 07:57 PM
JK Freak

Don't really know why your jeep has to sit level? When you add your lunch, beer, girls, safetly stuff ect. to the back. It will sit level. Otherwise you'll look funny dragging your tail....

Mayber I'm missing something

Quick Reply: Another Teraflex BB question