Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another Superchips question

Old 02-01-2012, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Superchips question

Is a Superchips or a Procal something that you plug in and leave plugged in for as long as you want to use it? Or do you plug it in, make changes, then unplug it? If so, why couldn't one person buy one and lend it out? I have a 3.73 with 6 speed, is a Superchips going to improve my Jeep's performance, or is it more for auto's? Thanks!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:44 PM
JK Newbie

I have one on a 08 6 speed 3.76 and 33's... Made a big difference. It got rid of the lag when taking off too so you dont kill it.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

With Superchips you just plug it in and follow the prompts to install the tune. Then just simply unplug and your done. The only time you need to plug it in is if you want to change tunes or go back to stock
Old 02-01-2012, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the same idea when I bought my superchips, wanted to use it in my tj and my wk but they already were way ahead on that. You have to set vehicle to stock to swap cars. Worked great tho, I wish they would get the programming figured out for the 2011's.

Quick Reply: Another Superchips question