Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another Stock Gears+35 Thread...

Old 08-12-2009, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah heck, you already have 33 nitto mud grapplers. Do you even need new tires now?

If it was me with your setup, I would hold onto what you have now, save for gears and then upgrade all at once. Yes a lot of people say its ok, but since you already have some good tires, wait for the gears.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sclan
Ah heck, you already have 33 nitto mud grapplers. Do you even need new tires now?

If it was me with your setup, I would hold onto what you have now, save for gears and then upgrade all at once. Yes a lot of people say its ok, but since you already have some good tires, wait for the gears.
x2. rock the 33s till they wear out, and regear before you go 35. I know you think it wont be different, but 33s and 35s are apples and oranges. Plus, do you really want your tranny struggling to get that jeep moving on 3.73s? Seems like it is harder on parts to me.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies... I'm gonna stay with the 33's for now... 'cuz now it's time to get a rear bumper w/ tire carrier... ... next mods: 35's, regear or d44 in the front, and more to come

Quick Reply: Another Stock Gears+35 Thread...