Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another Rough Country Post

Old 07-06-2013, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another Rough Country Post

I recently have bought a 2013 JKU. I have been looking at every kit that i could possibly think of for the Jeep. I'm looking at doing things at bits and pieces at a time. I was looking at the Series II Spacer kit from RC or the 2.5 Coil + Shocks. I've read both good things and bad things about RC, RE, RK, AEV, BDS. For the price I don't see why not to go with these unless the ride on the street is just horrific. When I say horrific would have to be worse than my older 350z with stiff coilovers hugging the road.

Now everyone is also saying not to do Spacer go coil. Short term goal get 35's on the car to start building other areas to lead into a bigger lift. Ideally my goal is to be at 4" lift with 35's. There is a lot of work that needs to be done to achieve this. Yes save money do it at the same time. This would mean $1500ish for the proper lift, about another 1200 for driveshaft, gears, adjustable CA's What I would like to do is get the wheels and lifts on so I can ease into everything slowly and the last piece to go on would be the proper lift. I expect about 1-2 years max.

Would it be wrong to go with the spacer kits at 180 or springs and coils at 250 over the next 1.5 years.

Thank you!
Moh

PS: I have searched up an down the world wide web. Almost 100 hours of research
Old 07-06-2013, 12:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The RC spacer kit will get you where you want to be. I have their 4" kit right now (love it), and have used their 2.5" spacer kit, and also used TF 2.5" spacer kit.

The BB kits are basically the same, just some come with extra stuff.

The RC kit comes with all you need. I would suggest going ahead and doing the exhaust spacer kit while you are under your Jeep. You'll want it with the 2.5" kit, and need it with the 4" later on, plus it's only $30-$40.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:29 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Nothing wrong with starting with a spacer lift and shock extensions. Makes more sense than paying extra for coils and shocks you know will be replaced next year, and is a route many people on this forum have chosen.

Just keep doing your homework so you know what all of the different components do, and why you might want/need them at certain lift heights.

The faq's stickied to the top of this modified area are a good place to start. And there are quite a few informative threads up in the write-ups area. (there is an index at the top of it).
Old 07-06-2013, 12:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Rough Country Series II 3.5" lift. I netted 4" of lift from it and I have not had any problems with it. Its not even sagging handles great. I'v flexed it out aired my tires down wheeled it decent. I also go to the beach weekly during the summer.

Great lift my DS angle is great no need to change that Steering is great no problems with that. all for $600 with an exhaust spacer and shipping costs.

TBH people can talk trash about rough country all they want. But if they put out sub standard parts they would have lawsuits up the ass and would be out of business. I have never had any problems with their products and will continue to buy their products.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BeachCrawl.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	475377   Click image for larger version

Name:	InTheDeep.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	475378  
Old 07-06-2013, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

Hey guys thanks for the great advice so far!
Leaning towards the rough country bb. Looking To go with the teraflex rear trackbar mount unless someone has a better suggestion. Jks discos and teraflex front trackbar. The exhaust extension is no brainer for $40 once I get the actual exhaust still be able to sell on ebay for $20-30ish so why not.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I have the Rough Country Series II 3.5" lift. I netted 4" of lift from it and I have not had any problems with it. Its not even sagging handles great. I'v flexed it out aired my tires down wheeled it decent. I also go to the beach weekly during the summer. Great lift my DS angle is great no need to change that Steering is great no problems with that. all for $600 with an exhaust spacer and shipping costs. TBH people can talk trash about rough country all they want. But if they put out sub standard parts they would have lawsuits up the ass and would be out of business. I have never had any problems with their products and will continue to buy their products.
Whose that snorkel made by??
Old 07-06-2013, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK'r
Whose that snorkel made by??
Looks like Rugged Ridge. I have that one, and love it.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What he said I love mine too
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wave crashing.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	475496  

Last edited by Jonathan_JK; 07-06-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Another Rough Country Post