Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another.. Opinion on lift thread Rough Country

Old 05-29-2011, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another.. Opinion on lift thread Rough Country

I know.. These are everywhere.. every day.. Ive read a tonne of them, and its helped my decision down to a few options

I am feeling the Rough Country kits.. reading their warranty, customer service and overall costs are the primary reason,

I have a 2010 wrangler mountain unlimited.. Ive been on a few trails, and what I have concured stock is all I can see myself doing.. I eventually want 33's which wont affect either choice I make

Theres a used kit forsale here locally, that is the RC Budget boost kit with the premium 2.2 shocks as shown here..
http://roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_2.html

going to run me abourt 150 bucks new would run 299 so its about half price.. Itll get my feet wet in the lift game and give me the slight height increase I could use... without looking rediculous on my stock 32" tires

however.. I am also tossing around the idea of the same kit in the performance... using the coils instead of budget boost..

http://roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_2perf.html $ 329

Obviously new price doesnt compare to the 150.00 deal I am getting with this.. Primarily deciding if budget boost is the way to go or if i would be better with the coils

If I get talked away from the used budget boost deal I may end up with the 3.25 or 3.5 " kits but will be a long way away as I think it will look rather silly on the stock tires

Heres my rig

Last edited by drpdndshvd; 05-29-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your not going to add heavier bumpers or armor down the line i'd stick with either a leveling kit or the smallest coil lift rough country makes.

3" on stock tires looks funny in my opinion.

3" on stock rubicon wheels and tires

i would not buy the used life regardless. you can get a brand new one for a few bucks more. don't cheap out especially if it is your DD.

I don't care what anybody say's about Rough Country but they make some good stuff.

Quick Reply: Another.. Opinion on lift thread Rough Country