Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another newbie question; sorry in advance

Old 03-19-2010, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another newbie question; sorry in advance

I'm not only new to this wonderful jeep, I'm also an idiot when it comes to mechanics. Only question I have is: If I installed a CAI and a flowmaster 40, would I need to use a programmer? Not really looking to gain any mpg although it wouled be nice; I actually knew what I was getting into when I decided to purchase my jeep. It is my dd and I roughly put in 125 miles every week on it. Still haven't gotten to the trailes but it is on my to do for this year...again very new so not going hard core for quite some time. Any input is much appreciated, I tried doing a search but found nothing specific with combination.

Thanks again.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:46 AM
JK Jedi Master

No, you do not need a programmer when adding a CAI or exhaust system.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As stated you don't need the programmer, but if you are looking for performance improvement the programmer will provide more benefits than the CAI (they are both around the same price) unless you are just looking for the whining noise the CAI makes.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

Your throwing your money away if you think you will gain anything performance wise for the 3.8 unless you get a supercharger...If you are after sound only, Then the exhaust is a good choice.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:33 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the feedback, honestly I just wanted a better sound, might just stick with the exhaust. Like I stated earlier, mpg isn't to bad imo. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Another newbie question; sorry in advance