Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another LoD bumper thead...

Old 11-13-2010, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another LoD bumper thead...

I've been searching around the site for the past couple day looking for a comparison or the mid-width and the full size LoD front bumpers and i've come up short. It seems that most people have the mid-width front bumper. Are there any advantages to having the mid vs the full? anyone here even have a full width?
Old 11-14-2010, 05:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wcfd111
I've been searching around the site for the past couple day looking for a comparison or the mid-width and the full size LoD front bumpers and i've come up short. It seems that most people have the mid-width front bumper. Are there any advantages to having the mid vs the full? anyone here even have a full width?
its both dependent upon your wheeling style/needs and looks. i went with the stubby both for looks and to have more tire exposed to help get up on large obstacles and because i plan to run 37-40" tires in the future. shorter bumper=more tire clearance.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:16 AM
JK Super Freak

I prefer the stubby so nothing is in front of the tire to make contact with. If the first thing to make contact with the object you are approaching is the tire then most likely you can get over it or up it.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so the shorter you go the better?
Old 11-14-2010, 04:24 PM
JK Super Freak

I think so and I went with the shorty.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:10 PM
JK Super Freak

The 4 doors are like driving a bus on the trails, the shorty bumber not only gets your tires on rocks better, it also helps with your turning radius since your bumper isn't sticking out getting hung up on things.

Everything on my jeep is for function 1st. That is why I run a LOD front stubby

Quick Reply: Another LoD bumper thead...