Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another lift question thread

Old 09-29-2013, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another lift question thread

OK I know there are a ton of these threads, but I have not been able to figure out exactly what I need to know. I currently have the Rancho Sport 2" kit with the 9000xl shocks. Springs in front and spacers in the rear. I have been looking at the Off Road Evo 3" plush ride springs. I have JKS quick disconnects and bump stop extenders already. So my question is what else would I need to make this work? Will they work with my current shocks? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

You would have to look to see what the shocks are made for. You probably want to get a rear track bar relocation bracket, brake line extensions. I'd also get new adjustable lower control arms. If you look at Evos site their kit comes with it, but you only referenced getting the springs.

Depending on your jeep year you may need to address your driveshaft. On 2012s and newer once you go over 2.5" the boot in the front can rub the exhaust and cause problems down the road.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did forget to mention it is a 2012 JKU. Good to know about the boot. I figured on the brake lines but wasn't sure about the control arms. Thanks
Old 09-30-2013, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

So what are the options on the driveshaft?
Old 09-30-2013, 10:44 AM
JK Freak

You can add exhaust spacer to move the exhaust down and away from the DS. You can get an aftermarket DS that ha a smaller shaft (stronger) and no boot to rip. Or you can modify the Y pipe of the exhaust

I did the spacers at first which worked but a year later I upgrade to a JE Reel 1310 DS. Depends in what your future plans are and current budget.

Quick Reply: Another lift question thread