Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another lift Question...

Old 09-29-2011, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another lift Question...

Alright guys, this is my first post and first question. Recently we sold my wifes truck and bought her a 2011 Jeep JK Unlimited 70th ann. edition. We really love the jeep, big improvement over her last 99 jeep 2 door. We had a 3'' superlift on her 99 and it would shake more than a dog S**Ting a peach seed. Now we are ready to lift the jk, bought brand new with 0 miles and it has 1800 right now. We will be going 35'' tires and 18'' XD spys (black/chrome) Offroading will not happen really, except for when i drive it and shes at work, but it is her daily driver and she loves lifted vehichles, its all we have ever owned. Question is which lift will give us the height and look but not sacrifice driveability and still ride smooth. I was lookling at the Teraflex 2.5 coil and the Full Traction 3'' eco plus. I want to stay around 3'' and know both kits will give me that or should i lean more towards the OME kit? Any input will help and be apprecitated. Will try to get a pic of some sort up pretty soon.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:59 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by southerndmax05
Alright guys, this is my first post and first question. Recently we sold my wifes truck and bought her a 2011 Jeep JK Unlimited 70th ann. edition. We really love the jeep, big improvement over her last 99 jeep 2 door. We had a 3'' superlift on her 99 and it would shake more than a dog S**Ting a peach seed. Now we are ready to lift the jk, bought brand new with 0 miles and it has 1800 right now. We will be going 35'' tires and 18'' XD spys (black/chrome) Offroading will not happen really, except for when i drive it and shes at work, but it is her daily driver and she loves lifted vehichles, its all we have ever owned. Question is which lift will give us the height and look but not sacrifice driveability and still ride smooth. I was lookling at the Teraflex 2.5 coil and the Full Traction 3'' eco plus. I want to stay around 3'' and know both kits will give me that or should i lean more towards the OME kit? Any input will help and be apprecitated. Will try to get a pic of some sort up pretty soon.
Thanks for looking at Full-Traction.

One thing is for sure, the JK is nothing like the TJ's. The JK can take a 35 or 37" tire and still be very driveable on the highway. The TJ, not so much

The 3" Eco plus is a nice starter kit that include the front trackbar and rear trackbar bracket. This will center the axles and keep the jeep from driving sideways down the road.

However it does nothing to address the pinion and caster angles. Adjusting the front caster will make the jeep steer correctly. I would suggest spending a little more and get the premium plus kit that includes front and rear upper adjustable control arms.

Or

You can buy the Econo kit see how it drives. If your not happy you can always buy the arms.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:10 AM
JK Freak

x2 on getting adjustable control arms - less headaches, better ride from the start, especially with 35" tires

I did a lot of reading and research on this forum - majority of complaints I read about dealing with poor ride quality all dealt with the lack of adjustable control arms.

I opted for Clayton's full suspension system, adjustable control arms, adjustable track bars, shocks, ss extended brake lines and the ride is so much better than stock.

More expensive? yes, but considering I'm driving on average about 100 miles/day it was worth the upgrade to me and no issues at all since install.

Full Traction vendor offers good advice, glad to see that kind of advice coming from the vendor
Old 09-29-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

Default thanx

So i could buy the econo and just upgrade as needed. Thanks for the quick reply. How's the ride quality?
Old 09-29-2011, 08:19 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Full-Traction Suspension

This will center the axles and keep the jeep from driving sideways down the road.
That would be a sight to see!

To the OP - I have the 3" Premium kit... Love it!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Former Member

So i could buy the econo and just upgrade as needed. Thanks for the quick reply. How's the ride quality?
IMO, its very smooth. Look around and ask a couple people on here.

recent install
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...n-2012-Rubicon
Yes, we sell control arms in pairs. So it can be upgraded as your wallet allows.

Last edited by Full-Traction Suspension; 09-29-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

Default Full Traction

What height are people seeing? 3'' or a little above or? also how does the factory rake turn out with the 3'' econo plus
Old 09-29-2011, 09:50 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What height are people seeing? 3'' or a little above or? also how does the factory rake turn out with the 3'' econo plus
With the coils in the 3" kit & Bilstein shocks, I yielded just shy of 5" of lift in the front and 3" in the rear. The factory rake disappeared completely. I measured before/after from 2 different points of reference on the same platform to get the most accurate numbers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1210540447.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	217020

This was before I mounted my 35" tires. Now my JK rides a lot higher than stock.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:00 AM
JK Newbie

Default Hell Yeah

Hell Yeah looks i might have jsut found my lift, lol Hopefully i will order it Monday or So and get that coming to the house.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0204.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	217021

Crappy phone pic under garage but hey atleast were on here now...

Quick Reply: Another lift Question...