Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another lift question

Old 01-05-2010, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another lift question

I have TF 2.5" coil lift now and want just alittle more height i know i dont want a BL.

My question is if i install either 3" or 3.5" springs would i have to extend my break lines?

I know i will have to put front lower control arms on to adjust the caster but will i need a drive shaft or will i be ok as long as i dont offroad until i get a new one. I have a 4dr
Old 01-07-2010, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

anyone.....
Old 01-07-2010, 08:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you'll be Ok as long as you keep the heigt at 3.5 inches not more, some would say that your drive shaft will eventually fail, but I think it could fail even without the lift so no need to worry about that, as for the brake lines you don't need new ones, but it would be good to relocate with brackets, not hard to do.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Option for more lift: I don't see why you couldn't add 1" coil spacers rather than purchasing new coil springs?

Brake Lines: I would think you would have to at the very least get Brake Line extension bracket for the added lift.

Driveshaft: I think being a 4door you should have no real issues with the Driveshaft with a 3" lift.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:31 AM
JK Junkie

also if you just want a little more lift you could just put a 1 1/2 inch spacer on top of your springs, unless you really want to get the coils, I'm saying this because depending on the brand of the springs you could end up with a lot more lift than what you want and that would result in a lot more mods.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Kinda repeating what has already been posted but just to drive the point home, with a 3.5 inch lift on a 4 door you shouldn't have to replace the drivelines, you may need to modify the skid plate if you have an auto tranny. Definitely want to at least relocate the brakeline brackets.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for the input i have brake relocations already installed from my teraflex lift do you think i need to modify them or should they be ok and i was thinking of going to the clayton 3.5 coils.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:19 AM
JK Jedi Master

I have brakeline ext frt and rear and I'm running the Teraflex 4in springs with 1in spacers. My rear shocks are for a 4in lift 28in extended, think the front is about the same. I've had no issues with the ext that came with my 4insuperlift though working with the TF springs. If your shock extend to 30in or more, then you maybe would wanna get new brakelines or longer ext.

Quick Reply: Another lift question