Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

another gear ?

Old 07-12-2008, 07:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another gear ?

hey everyone. yet another gear question here. i know it has been asked more than a few times before, but there has never been a definite answer that i am aware of. i have an 08 X with the dana 30 up front and 44 in the rear with the 3.21 axle ratio. do i need new carriers to regear? for the front and rear? or just the front? from reading many posts many have said there is only one part number for all of the carriers. so what is the difference? can someone get me the correct part number for what i would need? or tell me where i could get the correct carriers? i know gears are on back order, but would like to get what i can at the moment. thanks in advance for any info.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

nobody?? not trying to be impatient, as i have always gotten good info from the board, but someone has def. had to have regeared from 3.21's right??? i know someone will eventually be able to help me out. i also have sent an email to superior gears asking the same question. This info may be valuable to the others that may run into this same problem or question. Thanks again.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Well, the cut point on the gear carriers is going to make it seem that if you are below the cut point, you'll need new carriers front and rear, as both front and rear are now 3.21's.....and the cut points for D30's and D44's is loser to 3.5-ish, so over the cut point, use same carrier, if you are lower (Your are lower ), you need a new carrier.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:01 AM
JK Newbie

thanks TEEJ... i kinda thought that was the answer... now i just need to find the right part number or see who carries the new carriers i would need. thanks again!

Quick Reply: another gear ?