Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another free mod

Old 05-02-2014, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bed liner does look good. If it boils down to it and you want me to say I can't use dupi I will. " I can't use dupi color bed liner" your welcome.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did you top coat everything or just the blue? It's hard to tell but the black on the rockers and rails looks much darker and glossier than the duplicolor liner I tried. Everything I used it on turned dark gray after a few weeks in the sun.

-Deke
Old 05-02-2014, 06:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Sure why not and this is all bedliner Bumper and grill Swing out on the carrier Rear Fender wells Rails Tie rod and disconnects Custom shock mounts Whole axle Tool box Intake on my other car And just in case you want regular paint my cowl
What did you do your cowl with? What process also
Old 05-02-2014, 06:55 AM
JK Freak

I duplicolored my grill and yes after 3 years it was chipping in places but I just sanded and re did it and looks good as new. I bought a fancy grip you mount on the top of spray cans makes it much easier to control. You do get splatter if your not careful. Just had to keep dabbing the nozzle with some paper towel. I've used rustoleum to paint an entire truck and ya it sprays better, seems like it comes out of the can faster? It's harder to control an even texture with it though over large areas. Also had to dab the nozzle occasionally to keep spatter down. Both have there draw backs. Who the f cares. Ball busting is so easy on the Internet.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
I would like to know this also. I have been thinking about doing mine. I have the light bar though so I wouldn't be able to do the windshield panels.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:58 AM
JK Freak

Looks like flat black spray paint
Old 05-02-2014, 06:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Deke
Did you top coat everything or just the blue? It's hard to tell but the black on the rockers and rails looks much darker and glossier than the duplicolor liner I tried. Everything I used it on turned dark gray after a few weeks in the sun.

-Deke
The blue ones are the only ones I used paint on
Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
I painted the cowl with dupicolor auto flat black , I just lightly sanded off the clear coat and sprayed away
Old 05-03-2014, 05:17 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jaker t5
The blue ones are the only ones I used paint on I painted the cowl with dupicolor auto flat black , I just lightly sanded off the clear coat and sprayed away
Yea my hood is messed up. I hate a matte black jeep. Wife used dryer sheets on hood to get bugs off. Wasn't good for the hood. Also sun is kinda fading it now along with the cow. Just trying to see what I can do. Hood is a big peice for me so makes it a lot easier for me to screw it up. Trying to decide if I should do it myself or not.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dryer sheets to remove bugs? Never heard of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2014, 03:18 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by suprablaski
Dryer sheets to remove bugs? Never heard of that Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it works great just not so great on a matte finish. Lol

Quick Reply: Another free mod